Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12134 Discussions

No screen (black screen) on bios setup F2 menu

CyrilL
Beginner

NUC DCCP847DYE / ubuntu 18.04

Hello,

I had a problem of cooling on computer, the fan was noisy and didn't work correctly. So I opened the computer and cleaned it (i found lot of dust).

I remount it, now the fan is quiet.

But after controling the fan speed et setting in the setup bios menu a new problem appeared :

When I want to access to the bios setu menu with F2 I have just a black screen. The screen is normal with F9 et F10 but when I select a response in this menus I have the black screen again.

In my OS (ubuntu) when I click on certain applications I have a black screen for a short time.

I updated and restaured the bios.

I don't have any solutions.

Thank for reading my bad english.

CyrilL

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi CyrilL,

You may try the following:

1. Set BIOS to default settings: install the BIOS Configuration Jumper between pins 2-3 and power ON you NUC. Once you see the Maintenance Menu click on F9 to reset BIOS and then F10 to save the settings.  Power OFF your NUC and reset jumper to NORMAL position,between pins 1-2. Please refer to Technical Product Specification, pages 46-47.

2. You may also want to update BIOS using BIOS Recovery with the BIOS Configuration Jumper removed: remove the jumper, insert USB stick with GK0069.bio file and power ON your NUC. Wait the recovery process finishes, power OFF NUC and restore the jumper between pins 1-2.

3. If all the above not helps, disconnect the CMOS battery connector and reconnect it after 10-15 minutes. This connector is located on board upper side.

Leon

CyrilL
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you very much for this very qick response. Finally It was not a problem of computer but a failure of a switch HDMI I have to connect the computer and a game console on the same screen. In the beginning of the problem I tested it but clearly not enought. The two problems appeared at the same time that is very strange (even if "strange" don't exists with computing failure). My problem of fan is not solved (bad connection) I have to replace it or find a passive cooling system but I don't know if that exists.

Sorry disturbing you with that non-problem.

cyrilL

David_G_Intel

Hello CyrilL

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". https://ark.intel.com/ 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician