Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffrey2019
Novice

No way to set 5K resolution for LG 5K display in Ubuntu Linux

I tested with Ubuntu 18.04.3, Hades NUC is natively supported, no need to install patches, same for Ubuntu 19.04.

But for LG 5K display, I can't figure out a way to configure 5K resolution as there are 2 DP displays in system settings.

BTW, I must disable intel graphic card in BIOS, otherwise I can't boot into Ubuntu with only LG 5K display which has only thunderbolt 3 interface.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Jeffrey2019,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding your inquiry about 5K resolution, most Linux-based* distributions include Intel® Graphics Drivers, however, you may also check the following link for Intel® Graphics drivers for Linux*:

I noticed you mentioned you have to disable Intel® Graphics card in BIOS. This issue is already reported in the following link regarding Intel® NUC NUC8i7HxK: Troubleshooting Linux* Issues on Intel® NUCs

Could you please confirm the exact model of the Intel® NUC?

It is worth mentioning that Intel hasn't validated these operating systems and the support for Linux is limited. We recommend you use the latest kernel. We also recommend you to contact the UBUNTU® distribution resources or The UBUNTU® community* for additional information and support options.

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel