Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience has changed to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12760 Discussions

Noisy NUC8i5BEK fan

filt3rek
New Contributor I

Hej all !

I'm sorry, I know there is another topic like that but I can't find any solution...

I have a NUC8i5BEK with the latests bios (89) and I can't get "Cooling" working fine.

I mean setting the fan to "Quiet" mode doesn't solve, even when I set "Fanless", my fan is always high (doing almost nothing on my computer...)

Here is a screenshot of the Bios : bios-3.jpg

Can anybody suggest me what to do please ? Or maybe the "Custom" settings that should be set please ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

I can recommend custom settings for your NUC, but I think that you need first to clean the cooling fan and the air inlets. It looks that the cooling is not effective because under no load the fan RPM is constant and quite high (~3300 RPM). Also the temperatures are constant and quite high for no load. I assume that your NUC is working in room ambient temperature. 

You may use a compressed air duster can.

Leon

filt3rek
New Contributor I

Thanks Leon for your answer !

Yes my NUC runs in room ambient temperature.

I'll clean it with compressed air duster as you suggest.

BTW, can you recommend me custom settings, give me some settings please, someting you find average maybe ?

Regards,

LeonWaksman
Super User

Disable the Fan off capability and try the custom settings I'm using on similar NUC.

Leon

NUC7i7DNHE_cooling.jpg

filt3rek
New Contributor I

Thanks Leon !
It works better now !

Cheers