It been disappointed. I did not see any problem been fix or positive reason when you reproduce the problem. closed issue roughly.
Lets start have a thread to solve this.
= = = The original report Issue and Description = = =
Win10: 20H2 (19042.746)
Under BIOS Setup "Power" menu:
Sleep type support [Legacy S3 Standby]
USB S4/S5 Power [Check]
Wake on USB from S5 [Check]
How to reproduce:
1. Boot to Windows, command "shutdown -s -t 0". perform the S5 shutdown.
2. Press USB mouse, it can wake normally
3. Perform the S3 Sleep -> Press USB mosue -> resume from S3, success
4. command "shutdown -s -t 0", perform the second S5 shutdown.
5. Issue found, can not wake system from S5
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
The Intel response,
= = = from MRoss5200 = = =
I was able to follow your steps without the S3 mode in-between the S5 modes and was able to wake from S5 5 times in a row using the mouse. Looks like after the wake from S3 sleep is maybe changing something before the S5 starts and it is not getting changed back.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
1. It work without the S3 mode. (It is not my report duplicate procedure).
2. It found the problem on the comment " Looks like after the wake from S3 sleep is maybe changing something before the S5 starts and it is not getting changed back."
Can you keep check you development teams to Fix it?, it is not the HW design issue, it can be solve in prospective.
We will be glad to continue assisting you, as you can see in your original thread we did a couple of follow-ups before closing the thread.
We will proceed to check on this internally and post back here as soon as we receive more details.
Intel Customer Support Technician