Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JStat1
Beginner

Nuc 7I5DKNE power supply

Hi could someone confirm that the DKNE models can operate from a 24v dc supply, section 2.2.4.4 of the technical information suggests that 24v +/- 10% can be applied to the back panel socket. Is this correct because elsewhere it only ever mentions 19v and I don't want to cook the power regulator.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JStat1, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. We recommend verifying the information contained on the Technical Product Specification for this Intel® NUC. 2.2.2.4 Power Switch Header 2.2.4.3 Power Supply Connectors 2.2.4.3.1 Power Sensing Circuit https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC7i5DN_TechProdSpec.pd... Please let us know if you have any further questions. We will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
martmann
New Contributor I

That's awesome, a customer ask for verification of something in the Tech Spec, and you tell him to read the Tech Spec (that says exactly what he is asking about).

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Yes, I agree with you, it is very strange answer from Intel support.
  2. Can you see what is written on the Power Supply brick?

Leon

JStat1
Beginner

The supplied power adapter is 19v however the plan was to place the nuc in an embedded display system which is powered by 24v from a bulk supply.

There is no mains ac available in the unit to fit the power brick and I wished to avoid using a dc to dc converter, it would be something else to go wrong and add to the cost.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JStat1, You can also find additional information about the DC Input Voltage Supported by Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i5DNKE in ark.intel.com Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i5DNKE https://ark.intel.com/products/122486/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7i5DNKE Since the information you are referring to is found on the Technical Product Specification for the unit, we will do further research to address your concern. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Ronny_G_Intel

Hello JStat1, The product specification states 12-24 VDC for both connectors internal and external and the maximum current rating is 10 A. This is an indication of the power range the system supports to work appropriately. If the adapter that you have is 24V, it means that this is the maximum current that can be drawn through it by any device that it is connected to, and it is within the range supported by the NUC, any device will only draw as much current as it needs, as long as its power source can supply it. Again, the 3rd party adapter supplies more voltage that the original one 19V vs 24V this means that this will cause more current to flow into the NUC but still within its tolerance. That's my comment based on the power specification for NUC7i5DNKE but my official recommendation is of course to use the original adapter that came with the unit. I hope this helps, Ronny G
JStat1
Beginner

Hi thanks for the reply and calcification that it will work successfully on a 24v supply