cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbate2
Beginner

Nuc i7BNH Dolby Surround

Hi,

What is the audio driver needed to allow the Nuc i7BNH to be able to use Dolby surround sound via the HDMI?

It was previously working but since an update has stopped and gone missing

I have tried multiple times to install audio drivers but am only able to see stereo as an audio output.

This is being put through a DOLBY supported cinema surround sound system so know for sure it should work as I previously had it working

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What update(s)?

jbate2
Beginner

just general windows updates.

The Nuc I had built for a few months but has just been linked up to the Projector and Dolby surround sound system.

It was working prior to the shut down on the first day where it then did the updates.

There were only 4 updates though so i dont see these being the cause.

What is the audio driver needed for the Dolby surround sound to work in theatre mode?

I have the attached drivers currently installed

When i edit the sound settings I am only given Stereo playback. This previously had the option for Dolby Surround sound as I enabled it and had all the speakers working

Thanks

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

There is a newer Intel HD Graphics/HD Audio package available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26947/NUCs-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Int... Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BN, NUC7i5BN, and NUC7i7BN. Give it a try...

Hope this helps,

...S

jbate2
Beginner

I have this installed already, although have installed again

Still doesn't give me the option to do the surround sound again as previous

any other ideas, I've tried nearly all (I think)?

GSher1
New Contributor I

I had this happen once before.

Try setting the sample rate and bit depth to 'DVD quality' in advanced speaker properties.

jbate2
Beginner

It's on this mode already.

have set it to all the options, even studio doesn't work

the speakers are all working, the sound is coming through them all.. it's just a driver or something on the PC that wont allow/recognise the dolby Surround sound anymore

jbate2
Beginner

I only have the below option.

Dolby Theater was definitely there and was using it. I can now only see it for headphones