Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBiss4
Beginner

Nuc6cays and USB 3.0 UASP

Jump to solution

Hi to all. Just joined the community.

Is the nuc6cays UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) supported?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi,

UASP is fully supported through the Intel USB 3.0 based ports on most of our products. This is a very common usb interface for external hard drives and ssds. Easy way to tell is if you go to device manager and look at disk drives after plugging in an external usb 3.0 based drive you should see SCSI disk.

This is taken from the EDS for xHCI based controllers.

eXtensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI) Controller (D20:F0)

The PCH contains an eXtensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI) host controller which supports up to 14–USB 2.0 ports and up to 10 –USB 3.0 ports with board routing, ACPI table and BIOS considerations. This controller allows data transfers of up to 5Gb/s. The controller supports SuperSpeed (SS), High-Speed (HS), Full-Speed (FS) and Low-Speed (LS) traffic on the bus. The xHCI controller supports USB Debug port on all USB 3.0-capable ports. The xHCI also supports USB Attached SCIS Protocol (UASP).

I hope this helps,

Ronny G

View solution in original post

2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello MarioUK

Thank you for joining the Intel® community.

Let me do confirm if the Intel® NUC Kit NUC6CAYS has USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP), but I do know it does not have iSCSI. I will be posting back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Ronny_G_Intel

Hi,

UASP is fully supported through the Intel USB 3.0 based ports on most of our products. This is a very common usb interface for external hard drives and ssds. Easy way to tell is if you go to device manager and look at disk drives after plugging in an external usb 3.0 based drive you should see SCSI disk.

This is taken from the EDS for xHCI based controllers.

eXtensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI) Controller (D20:F0)

The PCH contains an eXtensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI) host controller which supports up to 14–USB 2.0 ports and up to 10 –USB 3.0 ports with board routing, ACPI table and BIOS considerations. This controller allows data transfers of up to 5Gb/s. The controller supports SuperSpeed (SS), High-Speed (HS), Full-Speed (FS) and Low-Speed (LS) traffic on the bus. The xHCI controller supports USB Debug port on all USB 3.0-capable ports. The xHCI also supports USB Attached SCIS Protocol (UASP).

I hope this helps,

Ronny G

View solution in original post