Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gturn
Beginner

Nuc7pjyh won't recognize 802.11ac wifi or sound

Just bought this thing and so far I am very very disappointed in All THE PROBLEMS. It won't reconize the supposedly built in wifi AC-9462 . sound output nor the bluetooth 5.0. It is nearly impossible to get help from Intel. I am running windows 8.1 and I realize Intel recommends Windows 10 but the two operating systems are very close. Any ideas on how to fix this problem - - ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You are having problems because you are attempting to use Windows 8.1. Windows 8.1 is not supported. It is not *nearly* impossible, it is *completely* impossible to get support from Intel because, again, Windows 8.1 is not supported. Intel doesn't *recommend* Windows 10, they absolutely *require* it! Install Windows 10 and all these problems will go away, plain and simple.

...S

gturn
Beginner

Thanks - - - - Windows 8.1 will run on it - - - just doesn't have the necessary drivers I suppose

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

That is correct; no drivers are being implemented for nor validated to work with Windows 8.1. You can try loading the generic packages that do contain support for Windows 8.1, but, if they do not work, you really have no recourse.

Sorry,

...S