cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdav22
New Contributor I

Nuc8i7hvk Bios update from 0053 to 0054

Jump to solution

I tried the Express method, as it has worked for me in the past. However it failed. During the bios flash, a death screen flashed your typical multicolor distortion then the system restarted. About 3 times. Was greeted with BIOS has detect POST failure several times. etc etc press y to enter setup press N to try last known something or other.

Every time i restarted my pc it would try to flash the bios and this would happen. Fortunately i was able to get the 0054 on a usb stick and do the f7 flash method, and that worked fine, problem gone. Thank you for the help and resources.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

i think you will find from us old timers that the F7 method is the preferred method, and that the express bios should not be used. However, feedback such as yours is tracked, so improvements can be made.

Glad you went the F7 method and that you are back up and running. I just updated my Hades Canyon with the F7.

Doc

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

i think you will find from us old timers that the F7 method is the preferred method, and that the express bios should not be used. However, feedback such as yours is tracked, so improvements can be made.

Glad you went the F7 method and that you are back up and running. I just updated my Hades Canyon with the F7.

Doc

View solution in original post

tdav22
New Contributor I

I prefer to never update my bios as that is what i was raised on. "if your system is running fine never update it" That was back when bricking was all to easy. Now that things have progressed i like trying new technologies out, and i am happy to say this stuff has worked more often than it hasn't :)

i even bricked a motherboard on a super old legacy system thinking it could flash from the usb stick, but it was so old that it couldnt do that. had to be optical drive or a floppy. Didnt realize until it was to late. derp d derp.