cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmaso1
Beginner

Nuc8i7hvk ssd not discovered

Hello All

On installation the ssd only showed up after multiple power cycles, swapping from slot A to slot B. Installed windows 10 all programs, everything fine for the last 10 days. Now the ssd is not present again.

I have done all the advice on the Nuc8i7hvk no boot-able device thread.

system is

Skull candy Nuc8i7hvk with 32 gb Crucial ram 2) 16gbddr4-2400sodimm 1.2v cl 17

SSD Crucial MX500m.2 sata ssd

unit was shipped with 86 .29 bios

from Microsoft installed all the updates

ran for 10 days

to day no boot-able device

updated bios to 86a .50

power light is on on the ssd

when starting from boot disc and performing repair at the cmd c: the reply is= device not ready

I do not have a second drive or an M.2 machine to verify the drive

Thank you in advance for any help Bill

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Please verify that your bios is set to default settings. Enter bios by pressing F2 during boot. Press F9 followed by "Y" to set default settings. Press F10 followed by "Y" to save the settings.

2. Is the SSD recognized in bios ? Advanced>devices>PCi

Leon

bmaso1
Beginner

Just performed this, same result

at start up no boot-able device found

LeonWaksman
Super User

You did not answer to my question: Is this SSD recognized in Bios? (enter bios Advanced>devices>PCi).

Leon

bmaso1
Beginner

lost control of mouse and keyboard, f2 does not pull up bios and the mouse is gone

LeonWaksman
Super User

I understand that you can't enter bios and reset the bios to default settings since your keyboard is not responding. Try to update bios using Bios Recovery with Security Jumper Removed. Using this method you don't need the keyboard, it goes automatically.

Follow this procedure to recover bios:

1. Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 with Bios file HN0050.bio https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28185/BIOS-Update-HNKBLi70-86A-?product=126143 Download BIOS Update [HNKBLi70.86A] . Format your USB with Quick Format option unchecked. Do not format your USB in MAC (OS) or Linux machine. Use Windows.

2. Disconnect the power adapter and remove the bottom cover from your NUC.

3 Remove the yellow Configuration jumper

4. Insert the USB with the HN0050.bio file.

5. Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. The Recovery process will start automatically and will end after 2 -5 minutes.

6. When bios recovery completed, switch the power OFF, remove the power adapter and replace the Configuration Jumper (pins 1-2)

7. Power your NUC ON.

Note:

May be going from version 29 to 50 is to big step forward. You may try to update bios incrementally, starting with older version HN0037.bio https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27747/BIOS-Update-HNKBLi70-86A- Download BIOS Update [HNKBLi70.86A] .

Hope this will work

Leon