cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

On NUC10i7FNH DSA fails after several uses "Something went wrong"

Something went wrong and stops.

I removed, rebooted, and reinstalled.  I read all of the community recommendations.

Attached are the logs.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

You read ALL of the community recommendations?

Are you blocking any firewall ports?

What antivirus are you using?

ANd, you should remove your email address as it is not necessary, and you will get spammed if you do not remove it.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

I can only recommend you to uninstall the DSA and check for drivers yourself from time to time.

In my eyes DSA is just crap. And I don't care anymore what good-sounding excuse Intel gives for the delay until a driver is shown in IDSA. The software does not always show the latest drivers, so it is useless, just needing ressources on a NUC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello HSart

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you are seeing the error message "something went wrong while trying to scan" when running Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

In case you haven´t tried yet, please follow the steps below:

1. Click “Refresh Results” on the menu on the left-hand side of the Intel® DSA scan page. With the latest Intel® DSA code this acts as complete “start over” for the service.

2. Reboot the system. It’s possible that “Refresh page” isn’t enough of a “start over” so it really starts over.

3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling (the normal way through Windows® Add/Remove programs). You can download the latest version for Intel® DSA from this link: Version: 20.7.26.7.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824

4. If the previous step does not solve the problem, please try the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller and reinstall the latest version again:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29608/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller

You may also check the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant FAQ:

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant FAQ

If the issue persists, please provide the following information to check this behavior further:

1- Did Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) work fine before in your system? If yes, did it work with the current (latest) version 20.7.26.7? Or did the issue start to happen only once you installed the latest version? Please provide details.

2- Screenshots of the issue/error messages when scanning with Intel® DSA.

3- Web browsers and the exact versions of each one of them:

4- Do you have browser plug-ins (ad blocking or script blocking):

5- If you are a home user, what router are you using (brand and model)? Or are you in a company environment?

6- Security or anti-virus software installed?

7- All the Intel® DSA files zipped from "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA" (not just .log files but all the files in the folder).

NOTE: the ProgramData folder may be hidden by default so you may need to un-hide it to view the Intel® DSA log files. Instructions to un-hide are: > File Explorer > View > Show/Hide: check the box for "Hidden Items".

8- A new "DSAUninstaller.log" file (the latest one generated). You can find the location of the log file in File Explorer by searching for it by DSAUninstaller.log and please be sure to provide the most recently dated log).

Also, we would like you to run a new Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report with full third-party information and logs. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.
  2. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  3. Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  4. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. 

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" dialog below the edit box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello HSart

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Should you have additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Andrew!
I accomplished 1, 2, skipped 3, accomplished 4 and reinstalled. Same results: Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan.

1- Yes worked perfectly until Windows 10 2004 upgrade with whatever version existed.
2- The error is 'red' "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan."
3- I normally use Firefox 78.0.2. And, I tried Edge (set to default) Version 84.0.522.44 (Official build) (64-bit) with no difference
4- No Ad-blocking or script blocking. I did exit Vipre Advanced Threat with both browsers
5- ASUS 56U connected to Comcast.   Home environment.
6-Vipre Advanced Threat disabled.
7. DSA.zip uploaded.
8. DSAUninstaller.log cannot find today's log.
SSU_26Jul2020.txt uploaded.

Thank you.  I reply on the DSA for my own family and my IT business clients.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello HSart

Thank you for your response.

Please allow us to check the reports and logs to investigate this further. We will be updating this thread as soon as we have more information available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello HSart

We have released a new version of Intel® DSA, Version: 20.8.30.5 (Latest):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824

Could you please test it and let us know if the issue is solved?

If the issue persists after testing with the latest version, please provide the following:

1- The new "DSAUninstaller.log" file (the most recent).

2- A new .zip file with all the Intel® DSA files from "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA".

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello HSart

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to test with the latest version of Intel® DSA 20.8.30.5. If you need further assistance please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Andrew!
Sorry for the delay. When working to answer your email, I had a problem and discovered that the TCP/proxy was not working; while fixing it an error occurred that knocked me off line for about 3 days. 

I accomplished 1, 2, skipped 3, accomplished 4 and reinstalled. Same results: Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan --Again!

1- Yes worked perfectly until Windows 10 2004 upgrade.
2- The error is 'red' "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan."
3- I normally use Firefox 79,0.
4- No Ad-blocking or script blocking. I did exit Vipre Advanced Threat with both browsers.
5- ASUS 56U connected to Comcast.   Home environment. Using Wi-Fi connection.
6-Vipre Advanced Threat disabled.
7. DSA.zip uploaded.
8. DSAUninstaller.log has a bad report, but this info is probably useful:

07/31/2020 20:32:58 -04:00 Restart as administrator failed: System.Exception: Failed to restart process
at DSAUninstaller.App.RestartAsAdmin()
at DSAUninstaller.App.App_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
SSU_31a.txt uploaded   (Direct uploaded Failed: "incorrect address"

Thank you.  I use the DSA for my own family and my IT business clients - It's a hugh maintenance help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Andrew,  I spent some time troubleshooting the problem but didn't find much, but
1) These Intel programs are install on my NUC.  Do I need them all?  
Intel products on my NUC10i7()
Intel(R) Chipset Device Software
Intel(R) Computing Improvement Program
Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth
Intel(R) Graphics Driver
Intel(R) Management Engine Components
Intel(R) Processor Identification Utility
Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software

2) DSAUninstaller.log  How do I fix this -- it's been a consistant error.
07/31/2020 20:32:58 -04:00 Restart as administrator failed: System.Exception: Failed to restart process
at DSAUninstaller.App.RestartAsAdmin()
at DSAUninstaller.App.App_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

Thanks. /Howard

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello HSart

Thank you for your response and for all the details.

Please allow us to review the new reports and as soon as we have more information available we will be posting back in the thread.

Regarding your question, the following drivers and/or software are needed and highly recommended to have them installed on the Intel® NUC:

• Intel® Chipset Device Software
  • Intel® Wireless Bluetooth
  • Intel® Graphics Driver
  • Intel® Management Engine Components
  • Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software

They provide support for the proper functionality of your system, enable specific-customized features of the hardware, provides the operating system with information about the hardware on the system, provide fixes, security updates, and improvements, etc.

The following apps are not essential for the system. They are optional and you can install or uninstall as they don't affect the normal operation of the Intel® NUC:

• Intel® Computing Improvement Program
  • Intel® Processor Identification Utility

The Intel® Processor Identification Utility can identify the specifications of your processor. It displays the Graphics information, Chipset information, Technologies supported by the processor, and more.

The Intel® Computing Improvement Program uses information about your computer's performance to make product improvements. For more information including steps to decline to participate in the program or uninstalling instructions, please refer to the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/idsa-cip.html

Note:

You also have the option to manually download the drivers directly from our download center:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/188811/Intel-NUC-10-Performance-kit-NUC10i7FNH

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Andrew G.
I have continued to work to solve the problem with the DSA by uninstalling, reinstalling, analyzing, and trying to determine why is won't startup normally (without the red bar).  I think there may be a conflict with one of the Microsoft Net Framework  utilities.  

Do you have any more information on this issue.

Thanks. /HSart

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello HSart

Thank you very much for your patience in this matter.

We do apologize for the late response. We would like to inform you that we have been working on a solution and a fix is included in our latest version of Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, Version: 20.9.36.10 released on Monday September 28th. Have you scanned recently and updated to the latest version? If not, could you please update and let us know if it is working as expected?

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Version: 20.9.36.10 >> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Andew - SUCCESS!!!  Works great! Looks Great!
We tried it on sever PCs at hand, all successfully

2 NUC10i7FNH  including sucess with the BIOS and the difficult graphics 555
1 ASUS laptop Gl503VD
1 ASUS laptop (forgot to get the model number)

Upgraded all Intel products perfectly! and a joy to use.

Thanks Again.
/Howard

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello HSart

Thank you for your response.

These are great news and we are glad to know it is working fine.

It has been a pleasure to assist you and thank you for your efforts and patience during this process.

We will proceed to close this thread now but if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. We will be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos