- Uninstall using Intel DSA Uninstaller.
- Install the latest version of Intel DSA.
- "In Skype, I cannot hear the other party. Are these issues linked? " No, there should be not link between the Intel DSA and Skype. Check in Skype Settings > Audio Video if the incoming calls are unmuted. Click on Test audio. Click on Default Communication Device (near Speakers) and select the correct output device.
Leon, Thanks for rapid response. I'm puzzled because I downloaded the Driver and Support assistant (DSA) today. It must surely be the latest version?
Also to be clear, is there a special DSA Uninstaller? Or do you mean that I should I uninstall the DSA using the Uninstall function in Control Panel?
Given that I loaded the DSA today, what other advice can you give to fix the Driver Update Utility Tray issue. Thank you again for your time.
- Yes, there is special DSA Uninstaller (I've given your wrong link in my post above). Using it gives better results than uninstalling function in Control Panel.
- I confirm that Version: 18.104.22.168 of Intel DSA is the latest version.
- Reinstalling this application (after uninstalling it first with the uninstaller), should fix the functioning of the tray icon. You may also right click on this icon and then on Settings. Check if schedule is set.