cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

One Difference on Bios 044 for NUC8i7HVK

Observation

I finally did the deed and loaded BIOS defaults, after installing BIOS 044, and the change was significant.

After installing 044 on Friday, I just left the BIOS settings the same as they were when the NUC arrive in May. I was still getting the jet engine take off during and after Windows loading and the periodic cycling of the fans for no reason and at a very high speed. This would happen and cycle about twice every 30 minutes and the power draw was so high that it would reset my USB connections.

Wow - Load Defaults!

Using the same cooling setting in BIOS - "Balanced" that the unit shipped the NUC no longer sounds as if it's getting ready for take-off after Windows begins to load. The big cooling cycles are over too.

The difference is incredible (for me) and I should have done this before.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Any chance BitLocker is working for you with Bios 044?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

Hi J5,

i don't use BitLocker on NUCs, as they're hobbyist / personal use.

Sorry to hear that BL doesn't work for your system and 044

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello MikeLevine

Thank you for joining this Community.

As always, we want to show appreciation for all the information and tips provided by you through our forums, posts and comments.

Your feedback is extremely important for the resolution on many issues posted in our community.

We will take this forum as a reference for other community peers that may find it useful.

Thanks again and kind regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos