Hi Guys, i wondered if anyone can help? I have an Intel Hades Canyon NUC BOXNUC8I7HVK3, i've had it just a few months when all of a sudden today, one of the USB ports have stopped working. The port has my cable plugged in for my iPhone, which when i plugged my iPhone in today noticed no charging sound, yet the cable works in other usb ports. I have tried my mouse and keyboard in the usb port and nothing, it just seems to be one usb port that is not working, device manager shows no issues (i'm not too technical, but there are no errors showing), can anyone help?
- Power on your NUC. When you see the Intel NUC logo, repeatably depress F2 key. You should enter Bios settings.
- While in Bios, depress F9 key, followed by "Y". This will reset Bios settings to default.
- Next press F10 key and confirm with "Y". The default setting will be saved and NUC will boot to Windows.
- Check if the USB port is working now.
Hi Leon, thank you for your time, this is the first thing i did with no luck, then i updated the bios via windows with no luck, then support told me to update the bios via the security jumper as that's the best way to do it, i have just done that and still just one usb port is dead.
- The only advice I can give you is to download from Microsoft and run Windows USB Troubleshooter. Double-click the WinUSB.diagcab to launch troubleshooter.
- If the Troubleshooter will not find/fix any problem, I would issue a request for RMA in order to replace your NUC. You may check here the warranty coverage.
Thank you Leon, the troubleshooter didn't find anything, i have been told to contact UK support on Monday to arrange a repair, the only issue is i cannot be without my computer as i work as a web designer and without a computer to work on while it's being repaired i will have no business, i'll wait and see Monday what happens, thank you again for your help, it is appreciated... :-)