Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCock
Beginner

Oops, something went wrong while trying to scan. Please try again, or see our FAQs for help

Just started with V3.5 update. On all computers and all browsers.

What's the solution?

19 Replies
JDurh
Beginner

I also have this problem with v3.5.03 of Intel Driver & Support Assistant.

After looking at other tickets, I have tried:

- uninstalling, downloading the file again and re-installing.

- Using Edge, IE, Firefox (my default browser) and Chrome

- I cleared files in C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA

- I added 127.0.0.1 dsalocal.intel.com to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file

NSP
Beginner

I have had the same problem on my NUC7i5BNKP for last odd 18 months. Tried everything suggested in various forums but the problem doesn't go away. I hate to manually update the drivers on my box. I was hoping that the problem would go away with successive windows 10 updates, but it has not gone away as of Windows 10 Home, 1909, OS Build 18363.900. I hope all the fine hard working engineers at intel haven't given up on this problem. May I suggest a phone call to Microsoft OS Development team to discuss and solve this minor problem?

idata
Community Manager

Hello siliconglen and JD_Hort,

I undetstand that you are having problems when trying to scan the systems since you keep getting an error message.

Regarding this, I would like to try first to uninstall the tool by going to "settings" and then "apps", search for the Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant and remove it. Afterwards, reboot the system and download the Driver & Support Assistant from the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824

Once download it, please run the installation and check to see if the error persists after running the scan.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
idata
Community Manager

Hello siliconglen,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Were you able to follow the steps I provided above?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
FBlau
Beginner

I am having the same problem, but I am using a laptop with intel N3450. I tried uninstalling and re-installing as you suggested with no success. What is next?

PRasm
Novice

Hi,

I'm having the same problem! Have followed the guide using about:flags in my Edge browser (unclick - restart - clik - and restart) and disabled my firewall. Still no good. My computer is a Lenovo Laptop X1 Carbon.w

gbdrbob
Beginner

I am also experiencing this issue. i have uninstalled and reinstalled intel DSA, wiped C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, yet nothing seems to help.

gbdrbob
Beginner

Hello? What happened to these forums? Intel used to be quite good at responding to customer support queries. some help would be appreciated. I've run out of options right now short of reinstalling the OS, which I really would like to avoid if at all possible.

The issue is happening on a NUC6CAYH

AKirs8
Beginner

Same here. I've tried every suggestion on this thread and it STILL doesn't work....

CPrid
Beginner

I am having the same issue on a clean install on a brand new NUC6CAYS. Anyone find a solution?

laterizi
Beginner

Hi,

i'm having same issue. On my Intel NUC6CAYH, with Windows 10 Professional ver. 1809, Intel DSA doesn't work anymore. A red bar appear on the screen with a cryptic message without any valid suggestion about to do to solve the problem.

What's happen? There's a valid solution to recover the lost functionality?

VParm4
Beginner

I had a similar problem when running the DSA on a Windows 10 64bit machine. In my case, the default browser was Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0. However when I ran the URL in Google Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100, DSA ran without a problem

MSahl
Novice

Same issue with all latest updates for Windows and Chrome as of 9-Feb-2020 !!

Anyone has a solution please??

LeonWaksman
Super User

Clean the Chrome Browser Cache (clear browsing data)

Leon

CCock
Beginner

unsubscribe. Yes, I have tried to log in to do this. No I can't because my password has expired and the reset password function says "your password cannot be changed at this time" so I can't log in to unsubscribe.
KEfre
Beginner

I had the same issue, turning off EASE (Encrypt All Sites Eligible) in the HTTPS Everywhere browser extension fixed it for me. If that doesn't work try disabling all browser extensions and try again.

Krsna
Beginner

I had the same issue. Problem was resolved after I uninstalled my VPN app.

AKirs8
Beginner

No luck on my Gigabyte Aero 15. I've tried every suggestion on this thread and it STILL doesn't work....

dvdv0
Beginner

Same issue, same computer do u have BSOD issues also ?