Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Our NUC will be installed in an lab environment sensitive to transient EMF. The NUC10i7FNH we just purchased has a soldered in wifi/bluetooth module. We have disabled all wireless functions in the bios.

Jump to solution

Is there an Intel engineer on here who can confirm one way or the other if the radio is actually disabled/powered off and not sending any signal? I'd like to save myself the step of testing for this.

In the previous NUC we just physically removed the wireless module, but of course can't do that on this model.

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Our NUC will be installed in an lab environment sensitive to transient EMF. The NUC10i7FNH we just purchased has a soldered in wifi/bluetooth module. We have disabled all wireless functions in the bios.

Jump to solution

Hello DavidB,

Thank you for your patience.

I would like to inform you that after examining the adapter we can confirm that if the device is not enabled in BIOS, the wireless adapter will be fully disabled and the Operating System won’t load any driver or functionality.

So the adapter won’t transmit any kind of frequency once the device is disabled in BIOS.

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Our NUC will be installed in an lab environment sensitive to transient EMF. The NUC10i7FNH we just purchased has a soldered in wifi/bluetooth module. We have disabled all wireless functions in the bios.

Jump to solution

Hello DavidB,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to inform you that once the wireless controllers are unchecked in BIOS.

The wireless adapter will be off and electronically disabled.

To confirm that the controllers are disabled please check the following steps:

1.      In BIOS, click in the “Advanced” tab

2.      Click on “Devices”

3.      Then click “Onboard Devices”

4.      Uncheck the WLAN and Bluetooth controller.

5.      Press “F10” to save all changes and exit.

However, I will do further research on my side to give you an accurate answer.

I will update this thread as soon as I get an update for you. 

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Jump to solution

Thank you, yes I have performed the above steps. But yes I'm looking for engineering confirmation that the module is not transmitting at all when it is deactivated. In the past we had issues with wifi devices that despite being disabled were intermittenly transmitting, and so were not actually powered off..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 View

Jump to solution

Hello DavidB,

Thank you for your patience.

I would like to inform you that after examining the adapter we can confirm that if the device is not enabled in BIOS, the wireless adapter will be fully disabled and the Operating System won’t load any driver or functionality.

So the adapter won’t transmit any kind of frequency once the device is disabled in BIOS.

Esteban D.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Kudos