Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mvand9
Beginner

Please help me to solve my problem! Inaccesible boot device on cold boot (nuc 6cayh) I have windows 10 pro installed on the standard flash drive.

Oke here we go. Everytime on a cold boot I get a BSOD right after the Windows Splash screen Inacessible Boot Device. My Intel NUC reboots and blam same thing (BSOD). Then it restarts again and Windows automatic repair starts, before it could always fix, whatever it needed to fix and boot right into Windows. Now it says can't fix the problem I click on advanced setting option and click on just reboot into Windows 10 and it Works! If I restart the device after that, it directly boots into Windows, same if I put it into sleep or completely shut it down it boots directly into Windows everytime. If I don't touch the device for like 15 minutes I can still directly boot into Windows like nothing ever happened. But if I wait longer than that and I start the device (from sleep mode same result) I can already tell, windows splash keeps spinning longer than normal and blam BSOD. I don't understand why it does that and why, once it does boot into Windows everything work perfectly fine, 4k video's, browsing, after a make it into Windows I can also safely restart the device and it directly boots into Windows, shutdown no problem directly back into Windows. I already reinstalled Windows once and still same issue, only now it is worse, before I could always get back into Windows so long if I activated the device from sleep mode, cold boot was always BSOD, now it doesn't matter and everything starts a BSOD. Please help me I love my device but it takes 20 minutes everytime to fire it up. Sometimes by the way it just magically works but 80% of the time BSOD I do have a extra 7200rpm hard drive in my nuc for storage, not for Windows, for the rest 8gig of Ram supported by the Nuc 100%.

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

This BSOD could be caused by failure in your SODIMM. If you have only one SODIMM installed, please replace it with an other one (may be you can borrow one for testing - for example from your laptop if it is equipped with 1.35V DDR3L SDRAM SO-DIMMs). If you have two SODIMMs in your NUC, remove one SODIMM and run your NUC with each SODIMM at time.

Leon

Mvand9
Beginner

Thanks for your reply I did an extensive Memtest+ running for hours and it came back with a zero mistake. By the way even when I shutdown the Nuc the red light stays on is this normal? I will try to remove 1 dim at a time and post back.

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. If the light stays ON, probably your NUC is in sleep state, rather than OFF. I assume that after you disconnect the Power Adapter and reconnect it, the light stays OFF.
  2. I saw already cases, that the SODIMM past Memtest+ and still was causing BSOD.
  3. Can you write what is P/N of your SODIMM? Some time there are also incompatibility problems.

Leon