Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11992 Discussions

Please make bios support VGA lowest resolutions not only 1024x768 and more

pcova
Beginner

Following locked threads about

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Philippe,

Right or wrong, the Visual BIOS displays were designed for a fixed 1024x768 pixel resolution. As a software engineer, I can tell you that redesigning the interface for smaller displays would take months of engineering work and cost tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. Unless you are willing to pay for it, this simply isn't going to happen - especially for an older product like this.

Sorry, but that's reality...

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Philippe,

Right or wrong, the Visual BIOS displays were designed for a fixed 1024x768 pixel resolution. As a software engineer, I can tell you that redesigning the interface for smaller displays would take months of engineering work and cost tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. Unless you are willing to pay for it, this simply isn't going to happen - especially for an older product like this.

Sorry, but that's reality...

...S

idata
Community Manager
pcova
Beginner

Thx for sharing:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005847.html Can't Access BIOS Setup with F2 Key

{

HDMI resolution is not supported

If you are using an HDMI monitor or HDTV that doesn't support a resolution of 1024x768, you cannot access the Intel® Visual BIOS setup when pressing the F2 key.

All other Intel® NUC modelsLatest BIOS version from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Download CenterOn monitors that support greater than 1024x768 resolution, the Intel® Visual BIOS will be scaled down to 1024x768 and centered in the display.

}

Note I reported about VGA, but I am happy it was fixed in later models.