Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Problem about using an intel NIC AC 18265 on intel NUC10i7FNH

(from not native English speaker)

Hi~

I have used an adapter to add a NIC AC18265 to my NUC10i7FNH, the OS is win10.  I can use the 802.11ac  protocal, But I can't find any network adapter for this NIC for ad protocal, it means that I can't use ad protocal on my pc. 

I have asked  support from Intel customer Service.  They tell me that the motherboard chipset of the NUC could't support to use ad protocal. May I know what  factors that determine whether or not I can use ad Protocal. the card , the motherboard or both of them. 

if you there are any solution about using ad protocal  on intel NUC, please tell me.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

What adapter? What "AD Protocol" are you referring to?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

adapter = network adapter of win10

ad  = 802.11ad protocal

I install the driver for intel network interface card  AC 18265, normally I can see a network adapter for 802.11ac protocal and a network adapter for 802.11ad protocal in the device manager of win10. But I can only find the network adapter for 802.11ac protocal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Well, this is a new one on me...

While it is true that the M.2 Type E connector is the special version supporting the CNVIO2 interface for the AX201 module, there is no reason why this would cause a 'standard' M.2 Type E card (which doesn't make use of the CNVIO2 interface at all) to not work properly.

That said, I do remember reports of some motherboards (I think ASUS) that supported the CNVIO interface in their M.2 Type E connector in support of the Wireless-AC 9461/9462/9560 modules would not work with a 'standard' AX200 module installed.

I am not sure what to suggest here. If they are telling you that it won't work, then it won't work. For anything beyond that, Intel Customer Support will need to chime in here and provide a better explanation.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Accid, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Accid, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos