cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
face
Beginner

Problem installing Thunderbolt 3 Drivers on NUC8i5BE

Hello,

I can't for the life of me figure out how to install thunderbolt 3 drivers for my NUC8i5BEK. It shows as having "Thunderbolt Software 17.4.77.400" in the apps & features section of win 10 settings, but when I try to follow the instructions from Intel & download the driver pack, uninstall the existing Thunderbolt software, open device manager and try to manually update the drivers through the "Driver" tab under "Base System Driver" in "Other Devices", it doesn't work. There is no "Base System Driver" at all, it just shows AudioWear, AudioWear Voice, CSR GAIA, SdlProxy, and SMS/MMS.

I can't find an installer that's either an .exe or a .bin or an enclosed installer pack, just raw files that need to be installed manually apparently. I'm totally lost here, and any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to use a hub that has a displayport 1.2 on it so I can get off the HDMI cable and it's painful 50hz display on my ultrawide monitor, and get it on 120hz. Also I'd like to be able to use the thunderbolt 3 port for an egpu later on, so getting this set up properly is pretty important.

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What version of Windows 10 do you have? 1809? Lower?

Doc

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Do you have a compatible Thunderbolt device connected to the Thunderbolt port?
  2. Have you installed Chipset Device Software and Management Engine Interface Driver?

Leon