Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NWool1
Beginner

Purchased 6 (8i3BEK) to replace computers at library. We have 5 (515MYHE) working great. New computers are freezing after a few minutes...no keyboard or mouse response. usb ports are 3.0 and are kb/mouse are 2.0. Would this be causing the issue?

We have 12 public computers and right now I have installed 3 of the new computers....which are all freezing up. We use Envisionware PC Reservation and LPT One for printing. T Your help will be greatly appreciated in troubleshooting this issue before I install the other new computers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @NWool1​ 

Some thing is wrong/missing in your system and hardware configuration. Please answer to the following:

1. Since NUC8i3BEK is only a kit with Power Adapter, please describe the Manufacture and P/N of the SO DIMM memory and drives installed as well.
  2. What is Windows 10 version and build?
  3. How the printer is connected. The LPT stands for parallel connection and such connection is not existing in this NUC. Are you using some kind of USB to LPT adapter? Or, the printer is connected on Network?
  4. Did you installed all necessary drivers from Intel's site? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126149/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i3BEK
  5. Do you have updated bios?

Leon

NWool1
Beginner

Thank you for your response. Envisionware Pc Reservation & LPT one are software programs that are used by patrons to make reservations to then print documents. It is not hardware. In a library situation, this software works very well for us. Didn't mean to confuse you. The computers freeze after a few minutes or so...then nothing works and the computer must be manually shut down. When restarted, everything works again for awhile. These computers came complete and ready for use. I am attaching the specs. Hope this helps. I have not installed any new drivers from the website yet. Do you think that will be the fix? Thank you very much.
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @NWool1​ 

1. You forgot to attach the specs, so I can't check if the NUCs where assembled with the right parts. I assume that since this is NUC8i3BEK , these computers where assembled by some dealer (not in Intel).
  2. My advice is to download and install as a minimum, the Chipset Driver, Management Engine Driver and Graphic Driver (install in this order).
  3. The problem may be caused by some failed part (SO DIMM or drive). However, since the freezing occurs in three of you NUC, we may reject this possibility. Still problem in hardware incompatibility exists.
  4. Is your Windows updated?

Leon