Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12509 Discussions

Question about NCU 12 Pro, WiFi and wire LAN problem

Kazukun
Beginner

Hello.

I purchased NCU 12 Pro and am installing Windows 11Pro, but WiFi and wired LAN of NUC itself is not connected and installation is not possible.
It seems that WiFi and wired LAN of NCU itself are damaged or not working for some reason. (Only the green LED on the wired LAN connector of the NCU main unit lights up.)

Is this a broken NCU main unit?

Best regards.

Kazukun

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello Kazukun,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Intel® NUC 12 Pro device.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• What is the exact model for your Intel® NUC? Keep in mind that there are different models for the Intel® NUC 12 Pro Kit.
  • Did the unit work before?
  • Is this the only device affected?
  • Make sure you're using a known good network cable.
  • Check that Ethernet LAN is enabled in BIOS:
    • Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
    • Go to Advanced > Devices > Onboard Devices.
    • Check the box to enable LAN.
    • Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Kazukun
Beginner

Hi Jean.

Thank you for yor reply.

I am sorry, I could solved this issue.

Because I tried install new WiFi and LAN driver from dos terminal.

Then it was all OK!!

Best regards.

Kazu

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Kazukun 

You don't need internet connection to install Windows11. In my opinion it is even better to install Windows 11 to Local Account  (instead to Microsoft Account) and only after installation, after installing all drivers, you may log into Microsoft Account if you want.

In order to install Windows 11 without connecting to internet follow this tutorial. In para 16 in this tutorial you will have an explanation how to continue without internet after executing  OOBE\BYPASSNRO command in the Command Prompt window.

Remember, after finishing the installation, you should install all drivers for your NUC. The first driver to be installed is the Intel Chipset Device Software. After installing this driver and rebooting your NUC you may install all other drivers. If I understand correctly you have Wall Street Canyon NUC, so you can download all drivers here.

Leon

Kazukun
Beginner

Hi Leon.

Thank you for yor reply.

I am sorry, I could solved this issue.

Because I tried install new WiFi and LAN driver from dos terminal.

Then it was all OK!!

Best regards.

Kazukun

Jean_Intel

Hello Kazukun,

Thanks for the information provided.

We are glad to know you found a solution. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician