Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11300 Discussions

Quiero actualizar hardware core i3 4010U

Proteho
Beginner

Tengo un Nuc Core i34010U y quisiera saber si puedo mejorar el procesador a un Core i5, ¿Qué requisitos son necesarios de ser posible, además de actualizar el BIOS?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee
Sorry, in this case, the processor is PGA soldered to the motherboard. Even experts would have only a 50-50 chance of replacing it successfully. In addition, the BIOS is, at this point, branded for the existing processor.
You would have a better chance of finding a used unit that you could use as a replacement. I personally think a newer unit would make more sense.
...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee
Sorry, in this case, the processor is PGA soldered to the motherboard. Even experts would have only a 50-50 chance of replacing it successfully. In addition, the BIOS is, at this point, branded for the existing processor.
You would have a better chance of finding a used unit that you could use as a replacement. I personally think a newer unit would make more sense.
...S

View solution in original post

Proteho
Beginner
Muchas gracias por la información, lastima que no se puede cambiar, voy a ver si puedo conseguir un equipo más actual