Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

RAID configuration on Intel NUC kits.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm looking to buy an Intel NUC kit for my home lab and I've been confused about the RAID configuration on some of the models. For example when I compare the NUC8i7BEH and NUC8i7BEHGAB kits, only NUC8i7BEH has information about RAID configuration. Specifically it says 2.5" HDD/SSD + M.2 SATA SSD (RAID-0 RAID-1). Is this just not being reported on the NUC8i7BEHGAB kit?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User

The NUC8i7BEHGAB is basically the same computer as the NUC8i7BEH, except that the first one comes with Windows 10 64 bit Home , 32GB Optane Memory, 2TB HDD and 8GB DDR4 SDRAM preinstalled. Since you have only one storage drive (2TB HDD), which is accelerated with the Optane Memory (which occupies M.2 PCI slot), the RAID configuration is not relevant in the NUC8i7BEHGAB.

If you want RAID, buy the NUC8i7BEH kit and install SSD and HDD in addition to memory and O.S.

Leon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

The NUC8i7BEHGAB is basically the same computer as the NUC8i7BEH, except that the first one comes with Windows 10 64 bit Home , 32GB Optane Memory, 2TB HDD and 8GB DDR4 SDRAM preinstalled. Since you have only one storage drive (2TB HDD), which is accelerated with the Optane Memory (which occupies M.2 PCI slot), the RAID configuration is not relevant in the NUC8i7BEHGAB.

If you want RAID, buy the NUC8i7BEH kit and install SSD and HDD in addition to memory and O.S.

Leon

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Makes sense, thank you!

0 Kudos