cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSchl9
Beginner

RAM compatibility

Hello,

I own an Intel NUC6i5SYH. It has been running with Kingston RAM (KHX2400C1454/8G), that was recommended for my system about two years ago.

Now I have just bought some new RAM for my server (Acer Revo Cube N76). Since the new RAM seems to be a little better (2.666 instead of "just" 2.400), I would like to use the Kingston RAM for the server and the new (better) RAM for the NUC being my desktop computer. I hope that this might speed up my primary system a little.

Does this Ballistix RAM work flawlessly with my NUC? Ballistix BLS2C8G4S26BFSDK

Do you know if the Kingston RAM works with my Acer Revo Cube? As far as I know, it should work (due to speed, latency etc.), but I could not get a 100% satifsying feedback about this.

And should I reinstall Win10 x64 after changing my RAM, in general or is this just a waste of time?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards

Matthias

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hello P-A-L-A-D-I-N,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Intel Customer Service no longer responds to telephone, chat, or e-mail inquiries for Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYH, but you may want to try our "Discontinued Products Community" to get recommendations from fellow community members. You may also find the "Discontinued Products Website" helpful to address your request.

/community/tech/discontinued-products Discontinued Products Community

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html Discontinued Products Website

Keep in mind that other community members may assist since Intel will not provide any assistance on the Community.

It is also worth mentioning that you can verify additional information about this product's discontinuance status at http://ark.intel.com/ > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation