Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BHjal
Beginner

Radeon error message - NUC8I7HVK

I have started to get the error message in the attachment, now and then. It comes randomly when I use a browser.

The drivers are the latest.

Any idea what this is?

/Bjorn

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Gunnar68,

I understand that you are getting an error message from your Radeon controller.

Regarding this, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, please make sure to check and see if the error shows up with any other applications, or perhaps other browsers. Does this happen when you open a specific page or any website?

Let me know please.

Regards,

David V
BHjal
Beginner

Hi,

Enclose the report. Hope it gives some useful info.

It's hard to tell at which page the error is generated because the message is generated nehind the browser and I see it when I close the browser.

BR/Bjorn

idata
Community Manager

Hello Gunnar68,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, what I can recommend you to do is to try to manually install of the Radeon graphics driver. First ,please download the graphics driver from the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28080/Radeon-RX-Vega-M-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-b... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28080/Radeon-RX-Vega-M-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-b...

After that, please disconnect the system from the internet and then, locate the Radeon graphics under device manager, under the category that says display adapters. Once found, please right-click on it and click on "uninstall" until the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter shows instead of the Radeon.

Once done, please run the driver version you download from the link previously and let it install the latest version, when completed, please restart the system and try using the websites again normally.

Let me know if the issue persists after this.

Regards,

David V

BHjal
Beginner

Hi,

I followed your instruction, but after about 10 minutes the error message popped up again.

I have also noted that it pops up not only when I use a browser.

Anyway I googled the error message and found this page:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.0.0

This uninstaller shall clean better than the one built into Windows.

They recommend taking backup or create a restore points if something goes wrong and run it in safe mode.

I did all of that without problems.

So far no error messages. Hopefully this will do the trick!

BR/Björn

BHjal
Beginner

No Sir, after about an hour the message popped up again. The solution was not so simple!

Back on square one!

/Bjorn

idata
Community Manager

Hello Gunnar68,

Thank you for your response.

I am glad to know that you have not gotten any error messages after running the tool you linked. However, keep in mind that Intel ® does not recommend running third-party applications to remove or install drivers.

Please let me know if the error occurs again.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
BHjal
Beginner

Hi,

I have not got any more error messages since the first one after last reinstallation.

We can put the issue on monitoring as it's not a big deal as I have not noticed that it affected any other program etc.

I will try to find what is involved when the message pop up and report if I find any clues.

BR/Björn

idata
Community Manager

Hello Gunnar68,

Thank you for your response and the feedback.

I will close this request for now, nevertheless, if you need any more assistance you can reply and I will assist you further with this. This forum will remain here for other users that may be experiencing the same problem.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation