Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HEsse
Beginner

Re: Video/Audio in Browser start to "stutter"

Hello Diego,

thank you very much for your kind help.

The required information are attached. I hope is all you need. Feel free to ask for more information.

Kind regards

Hermann

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%): Happens sporadic at some time. Let say 2 or 3 times out of 10.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel BOXNUC7I7BNH

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

no

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LG Flatron IPS 235

EFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate ...

0 Kudos
18 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

Thank you for your patience.

As shared before, we are going to try to replicate your issue here; all the information provided is extremely helpful.

We will reach you back as soon as we have an answer.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

HEsse
Beginner

I guess it could be helpfull to give some more information. It happens twice yesterday, that audio doesnt stutter before the driver crashes. This time NUC produces sporadic real short dropouts over a periot of about 15 minutes before it crashed.

It happens after extended listening of music via streaming i-Net and/or local storage. Again, only a reboot solved the problem.

Kind regards

Hermann

idata
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

Thank you for your information.

We are working on it; we will reach you back as soon as we have an answer.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

HEsse
Beginner

New behavior of Audio today. After starting NUC the Windows Volume level is adjustable but without any effect. Volumecontrol doesnt do it. It can only switched of but has no effect on the volume. Music is streaming via BT.

Switching to Headphone jack and volume is via Windows adjustable, as it should. Back to BT, no Effect on changing Volume.

After reboot NUC anything runs ok.

Kind regards

Hermann

idata
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

Thank you for patience.

During these past days we tried to reproduce the issue that you reported, following all the instructions and directions that you provided from your previous posts.

We used the same unit, same OS build, driver versions, etc.

We switched back from Bluetooth to the jack using different configurations.

I regret to inform you that were not able to reproduce, however we are really interested on helping you out to fix the problem.

Please try the following:

Perform a clean boot (disable ALL non-Microsoft services in msiconfig)

In order to do it:

-Press the "Windows + R" key to open a Run box.

-Type msconfig and click OK.

-On the General tab, click Selective startup.

-Clear the Load startup items check box.

-Click the Services tab.

-Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (at the bottom).

-Click Disable all.

-Click the Startup tab.

-Click Open Task Manager.

-On the Startup tab, right-click each enabled startup item and select Disable.

-Click OK.

Do not restart right away

After that please disable every task not needed under the Startup tab in Task Manager.

Uninstall the Bluetooth driver from programs/device manager (both the driver and software) and any other audio applications such as Realtek*, and 3rd party if you have one, then restart your machine

Test the Bluetooth with the Windows* driver to see if issue persists, if it persists; please try installing the latest driver from Intel® again.

You can enable your services gradually again to make sure that none of those is causing the issue.

I hope this helps, please let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Diego S.

HEsse
Beginner

Hello Diego,

thank you and your Team very much for your help. I know how difficult it can be to reproduce a Problem. Didnt think its a designproblem of hareware, it seems more like a driver mismatch.

Well, I'll do as requested and guess to find time over the weekend.

I'll come back as soon as I have news.

Kind regards

Hermann

idata
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

Thank you for your response.

I understand, I'll keep an eye on your thread, keep me posted.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

We just wanted to double check if you need further assistance?

Please don't hesitate on contacting us back.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

HEsse
Beginner

Hello Diego,

thank you very much for your help.

Did all the points mention above. Will see what happens next days.Please find an img attached which shows the driver version after reboot.

A couple of issus regarding Audio behavior I want to mention.

1. when NUC comes up it has a default Win volume level, let say at 35. Music is running via BT. As far as the slider is moving by mouse, audiolevel changes, but getting back to 35 again, audio has a much much lower volume level as before (dircetly after startup). It starts with much higher audio level.

2. a real huge volume jump between 25 and 27 of win volume level. The only way to prevent that jump is to adjust volume at the app (VLC, Cyberlink, YT, etc)

3. turning volume down to zero and use the headphone jack for audio causes Win to search of an audio driver problem. Volume icon in taskbar has a red cross. Win is unable to solve that problem. And it comes up every time when clicking the speaker icon at the taskbar. It happens 3 or 4 time during the last month. Nuc has to restart for solving.

4. after wake up from energie saver volume control has no function.

Once I didnt done a direct restart (Point 3) and did some action.

- same audio driver installed as on the system --- no impact

- New audio driver search. Win has found a new realtek driver. After Installation still no audio. Speaker icon keeps the red cross. -- no impact

- Realtek windows for setting and adjustment is emty

- at least back to released Intel audio driver

Dont know if that could help to better understand the problem. From my point of view is there an issue with audio and video driver. The spikes between music files when clicking foreward are still in and causing hudge noise from time to time. Stutter videos are still there too and getting worse because it can happen suddenly, even if nothing is clicked, just when next video is choosen automaticly.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Hermann

idata
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

I understand, keep me posted.

If after the troubleshooting that we performed the issue is still present, you may need to consider:

Reinstalling the OS from zero (clean OS installation)

Unit replacement (the graphic/audio portion of your device might be damaged)

Since we have not received any similar reports with the issue that you are experiencing, and we were not able to replicate your issue, we do not really think that this is a driver issue.

Please monitor the results and keep us updated, we are here to serve.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

We just wanted to double check if you need further assistance?

Best Regards,

Diego S.

HEsse
Beginner

Hello Diego,

just did an clean install, wich means, partition C deleted and win 10 version 1809 installed. Intel driver assistent has installed all drivers.

I'll come back as soon as the "stutter" issue appears.

Right from the begin, point 1 and 2 of my above list still in there.

Kind Regards

Hermann

HEsse
Beginner

update

- switching from BT to Headphone jack (Logitech speakers) w/o problem

- switching back, which means, Logitech speakers off and removing the jack from NUC causes the volume Level of Win to zero (red cross) and no automatic switch to BT. As far as BT is enabled (over Win contrl) the BT symbol disappears from taskbar and will not be shown anymore. Win is searching for an audiodevice, is finding BT (SMSL Receiver). Audio via BT is running.

-using headphone jack again, win will not switch automatically to Logitech speakers.

Will keep you informed

Hermann

idata
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

Please keep us informed about the latest behavior of the unit, we are here to serve.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

HEsse
Beginner

Sorry for the delay.

First, the stutter of video/audio didnt happen so far.

Posting from above:

A couple of issus regarding Audio behavior I want to mention.

1. when NUC comes up it has a default Win volume level, let say at 35. Music is running via BT. As far as the slider is moving by mouse, audiolevel changes, but getting back to 35 again, audio has a much much lower volume level as before (dircetly after startup). It starts with much higher audio level.

2. a real huge volume jump between 25 and 27 of win volume level. The only way to prevent that jump is to adjust volume at the app (VLC, Cyberlink, YT, etc)

3. turning volume down to zero and use the headphone jack for audio causes Win to search of an audio driver problem. Volume icon in taskbar has a red cross. Win is unable to solve that problem. And it comes up every time when clicking the speaker icon at the taskbar. It happens 3 or 4 time during the last month. Nuc has to restart for solving.

4. after wake up from energie saver volume control has no function.

Point 1 and 2 still in, no changes.

Point 3 has changed. When BT receiver was connected to another device and Nuc comes up, the red cross at volumesymbol is there right from the start. Clicking on it causes Win to search for Audio device. Using headphonejack (Logitech speakers) didnt changes anything. Nuc has to restart in order to get an audiodevice. From my point of view, audio- and/or BT-driver crashes.

Point 4 has changed. Not happen so far.

It seems the cleaninstall didnt solve the fundamental problems regarding audio/bluetooth.

I keep you informed.

Kind regards

Hermann

HEsse
Beginner

I have to correct the stutter issue. Right from the begin of playing a YT Video it start to stutter today. Again a rebbot solves it.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis

Based on the description of your issue (last updates from your end) and the troubleshooting done, chances are that you are going to have your unit replaced (the graphic/audio portion of your device might be damaged)

You can check the warranty of your device typing it's markings in our /y Online Service Center

If you experience problems identifying your markings, you can use the followinghttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005804/mini-pcs.html link for help.

You can contact our https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html live support for a replacement if needed in order to expedite your request.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

HEsse
Beginner

Hello Diego,

thank you very much for your kind help. The Nuc has still warranty from Amazon Germany. I hope they do the swap because a couple of month ago I did that in order to test a new unit. As the issues had been the same on the new one I guess that will be not the way to go. Furthermore the blower of that new Nuc was much to noisy. This one is quietly.

I did bios update today and as in the other thread recommended additional drivers updated too.

I would go for a more powerfull device but it seems to me that this is the most powerful NUC currently. I like that Nuc and it fits perfect into my livingroom. But well I'll ask Amazon what they think about replacement.

Kind regards,

Hermann