Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Realtek audio drivers 8I7BEH2 updated but still asking to update it

Hi there,

I have a little issue with this update.

1.png

It is uninstalling the driver, installing the new one, but it is still asking to update it even it has the same version 6.0.8716.1

2.png

Could you please have a look to it?

Everything is updated including BIOS.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Please download and update the Intel DSA with the latest version.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hello Leon,

I have done it, but same result :-(

Thank you anyway

Kind regards

Highlighted
Beginner

same issue here, it keeps on being detected, even tried manually adding it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

To confirm the same problem instead of starting a new post; here is my description of the same issue.

Intel NUC BXNUC10i710FNH2 with latest BIOS (0039)

Windows 10 Pro with latest updates

Intel Driver & Support Assistant 20.4.17.5

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.8791.1

TL;DR: Intel Driver & Support Assistant tells me to update audio driver every reboot even though they are already installed

After installing Windows 10 with updates and getting the latest drivers, I now get notified every startup to update the audio drivers.

I log in to Windows and receive a message in the right hand notification area from "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" that there are "Updates Available" - "You have 1 update available". I press the button "Update Software Now" and get a web page where all my hardware is listed. On top it says "1 software update available", the item beneath is "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows 10 64-bit for NUC10i7FN, NUCi5FN, NUCi3FN". I click the "Install"-button and launch the installer. When the installer has finished uninstalling the existing driver it asks me to restart my machine.

After restarting and logging in the first thing I get is a loud note from the notification center telling me there are updates available - the sound is working. Then a notification saying "Restart required" and "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller). Then the InstallShield Wizard starts up to install Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. I click "Next" in the wizard and it continues with configuration of the driver. Finally it asks me to restart my computer again.

After this second restart the same notification still returns, telling me I have 1 update available. I still have working sound, but I get the "You have 1 update available" again from the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. This happens every reboot. If I try to stop the installer or uninstall the driver I don't have sound, but every attempt at reinstalling causes this loop of notifications.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. In this case I suggest that you should uninstall the existing Realtek Driver from Device Manager:
  2. Download the latest Realtek Driver (for NUC8i7BEH and for NUC10i7FNH). BTW, is the same driver.
  3. Disconnect the internet and open Device Mnager.
  4. Open the Sound, video and game controllers. Double click on Realtek(R) Audio. in Driver tab, click on Uninstall. Check the "Delete from..." option.
  5. After completing the uninstalling process, reboot your NUC.
  6. Now install the previously downloaded driver.
  7. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your NUC.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Is this a solution that has worked for this issue or just some advice to try? As it has been mentioned before and what does removing a driver and disconnecting from the internet prove before reinstall?​

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I han't in my problem any problem with the Intel DSA or Realtek Driver. This suggestion is my advice, that means, that what I would do. Any way, it can do any thing worst. "...what does removing a driver and disconnecting from the internet prove before reinstall?​" - this removes all traces of the old installation. We call this "clean installation".

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Leon, I tried your checklist and it didn't work. Please don't just make assumptions about what the problem is or how to troubleshoot by randomling unplugging/rebooting/reinstalling. I can include logs etc if anyone wants to analyze, but this certainly looks like a problem that affects several installations and is more than just a hiccup. I am hoping someone knowlegeable can take a closer look at this.

Highlighted
Beginner

Took me some time but i figured out how to get it to work on my setup. So if you are running Windows 10 1909 the realtek driver 6.0.8716.1 i dont think its officially supported. If you are running builds before 1909 such as 1903 and below these drivers are found in the windows update catalogue so assume its supported.

i had to roll back to an image before i went to 1909 but now the audio driver no longer appears as being required.

Newer version of the driver fixed audio issues for me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

intel nuc.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello all, 

if you are still experiencing this issue, please follow these steps and let us know if the issue persists.

1. Make sure your computer is up to date (OS, BIOS, and browsers)
  2. Run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller Version: 20.1.5.6
  3. Restart and run the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant tool version 20.4.17.5

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi everyone!!

Finally!!!!!

I have uninstalled the DSA and installed the new one.

After doing that, it did not work again, installed the requested driver and again asking for doing it again.

So i tryed as follows and it did Work for me.

1.- Uninstall the DSA

2.- Install the DSA

3.- Install the suggested by DSA Realtek driver, before restarting i disconentec from the internet and checked the device manager. Sound still works but with Windows drivers.

4.- Uninstall the windows drivers

5.- Restart computer

6.- Installation of the Realtek continues

7.- Conect internet

8.- Run DSA

9.- Everything is ok and is not asking to update.

KInd regards and thanks!!

1.png

2.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello FBode3,

Thank you for the update.

We are glad to know that the issue was resolved.

We will close this case. If you need assistance with other inquiries, please start a new thread. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

this is the one i am using with windows 1909, i cannot get the recommended one to work correctly but its a much higher versionrealtek.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AC4,

If we understood correctly, the version 6.0.8904.1 is currently installed on your computer. Could you please provide us with the version you are trying to install?

When you say that the driver is not working correctly, could you please tell us what you mean? Are you referring to the installation process or another audio issue?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

It works just intel until is asking to downgrade ​

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AC4,

To better assist you, could you please provide us with a detailed description of the issue, the driver versions, and the version of Intel® Unite currently installed on your computer?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AC4,

We have released Intel® DSA version 20.5.20 that contains a fix for the issues reported on this Community.

Please rescan Intel® DSA, update to version 20.5.20, and see if it works as expected. 

If the issue persists, please provide us with the log files available at C:\ProgramData\Intel\IDSA.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AC4,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need further assistance, please start a new thread, we will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos