Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LKoh
Beginner

Reinstalling Windows 10 using USB stick but "No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am facing a problem while reinstalling Windows 10 using a USB stick. I managed to get to the page where I am supposed to select which partition to install Windows. However, after I have selected the partition I want, the system says "No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."

I have searched through some online forums for the solution but was unable to resolve this issue.

Below are what I have tried.

1. Update BIOs based on the latest version from Intel

2. Tried all 4 USB ports

3. Created 3 different USB sticks using Microsoft Media Creation Tool

If anyone has a similar experience but managed to resolve it, please share with me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello Louis_Koh ,

1. You have not described your hardware configuration (i.e. Your NUC model, memory installed, SSD and HDD installed). Any way in the following link you will find detailed instruction how to make clean Windows 10 installation: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html Windows 10 Help Forums

2. I suggest that you shall disconnect any external drives connected to your NUC and even remove from NUC any additional drive, leaving only drive where the Windows is going to be installed.

3. Since you are installing Windows on computer with UEFI bios, skip on para 12 in the above tutorial.

4. Before starting installation, enter bios setting (press F2 during boot) and set bios to default settings: press F9 followed by "Y". Check if you can see in Bios Advanced>Devices your SSD? Next, press F10 followed bt "Y" to save the settings and exit from bios.

Leon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello Louis_Koh ,

1. You have not described your hardware configuration (i.e. Your NUC model, memory installed, SSD and HDD installed). Any way in the following link you will find detailed instruction how to make clean Windows 10 installation: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html Windows 10 Help Forums

2. I suggest that you shall disconnect any external drives connected to your NUC and even remove from NUC any additional drive, leaving only drive where the Windows is going to be installed.

3. Since you are installing Windows on computer with UEFI bios, skip on para 12 in the above tutorial.

4. Before starting installation, enter bios setting (press F2 during boot) and set bios to default settings: press F9 followed by "Y". Check if you can see in Bios Advanced>Devices your SSD? Next, press F10 followed bt "Y" to save the settings and exit from bios.

Leon

View solution in original post

LKoh
Beginner

Hi Leon,

Thank you for your reply and the links on clean installation. After accessing the link you gave, I realized the mistake I made was in clicking "Load Driver" instead of "Next". It's been a while since I last did a clean installation, missed this one.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Louis