Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GMart12
Beginner

Replacing rear dual USB port on D54250WYK

Just got a used D54250WYK. Front USB ports work fine. Rear dual USB port was full of some kind of rubber substance. Removing the motherboard from the case revealed that the dual USB port is inoperable, someone seems to have just put some kind of rubbery substance inside each of the ports. How would I go about replacing this component? I've looked on ebay, and mouser, but can't find an identical component. The current component is from "Lotes", but even looking at their catalog I can't find the correct part. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Greg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Actually, this sounds like something - a USB cable or device - melted down in the connector. This is usually the result of a short or something similar happening. I would be returning this device to the seller; there is a good chance that there is other damage as well...

...S

GMart12
Beginner

The rest of the device works perfectly. He did say that the rear usb ports didn't work, and at the price I got it, I wasn't concerned. I have done a lot of pcb soldering, was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with this and what part will replace the rear usb component. BTW, I put the pcb under heavy magnifying glass and it looks like no other parts have been affected.