Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBear
Beginner

Shut down issue with my NUC7i5BNH

I am on the latest version of 64bit Win10 with the latest patches however I noticed the problem before the latest patches.

About 3 or 4 out of 10 shutdown, the mouse light went off but the NUC actually didnt turn off. The Blue rectangle light still on and I can still hear the fan.

Also I noticed the upper back USB port still provides power even when it was powered down properly. I thought only the front yellow USB is always ON?

Thx.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

If your LED settings in BIOS are set to default, both, the power button LED and the Ring LED should be OFF in NUC OFF state. You may check the settings in Bios. Any way I suspect that your NUC instead to be switched OFF, enters Hibernate state. Please check Windows settings:

1.Enter Windows Settings.

2. Press System

3. Press Power & Sleep

4. Press Additional power settings (located on the window R.H. side)

5. Press Choose what the power buttons do (on L.H. side)

6. You shall see image similar to the attached image. Verify that Hibernate is unchecked and in power button a Shut down option is set.

7. Now you can shut down your NUC by pressing shortly the power button.

Leon

BBear
Beginner

My power setting is same as yours but I dont think you understand my problem.

I mean I cannot shutdown properly using the Shutdown from the Start menu and I have to use the power button.

To isolate the problem, today I install a fresh win10 and I still has the problem.

I observed the back/upper USB port still provides power after I shutdown my NUC using the power button.

idata
Community Manager

Hello bigbear

Thank you for your response.

In order to help you better, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
Have there been any changes in the BIOS settings?

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

Hello bigbear

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.