cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Skull Canyon SD card reader issues

Jump to solution

About a month back, I started having issues with my original version i7 Skull Canyon SD card reader. This started after a Microsoft Windows update. Within a few seconds of inserting my digital camera's SD card into the SD card reader, the whole system crashes, & I get the blue screen message 'internal power error" After running the Intel Driver assistant, the issue cleared up for a day, then returned. I noticed on the driver assistant web page/app, that Intel have said that Microsoft has taken over the maintenance of the drivers. I noticed that Windows & the driver assistant seem to be having a bit of a power struggle as to which drivers were being used. So I contacted Microsoft support, got all sorts of different answers, & very frustrated as each time I contacted them, they want me to insert an SD card, even after I explain too them that it will crash my system. And I then have to waste an hour or so going through the whole process again, as I get a different support person, & go through the whole process again. They are trying to tell me that it's a corrupted SD card, but all cards produce the same error. Has anyone else had this problem, if so, has it been resolved? Why I why did Intel let Microsoft take over this, & screw it up? Any help appreciated

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User

The issue with the SD reader generating a BSOD when a SD Card is inserted is addressed by driver: BayHub Tech* Card Reader Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for Intel® NUC version 3.4.00.124 which is available at: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27878/BayHub-Tech-Card-Reader-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit...

Doc

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

The issue with the SD reader generating a BSOD when a SD Card is inserted is addressed by driver: BayHub Tech* Card Reader Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for Intel® NUC version 3.4.00.124 which is available at: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27878/BayHub-Tech-Card-Reader-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit...

Doc

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you kindly from the bottom of my heart. I'm not sure why the Intel driver & support assistant never picked that up, as I tried updating that as well. Now works a charm -until the next Windows update I guess. Cheers, & thanks again.

0 Kudos