Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CEdwa
Beginner

Slow Download Speed - Xfinity Gigabit

I have a NUC5i7RYH with Intel Ethernet Connection I218-V as the current ethernet driver. Speedtest.net shows the download speed as around 300mb down. Xfinity came out and tested their equipment and received 950mb down. I have disabled the energy efficiency in the driver. Any other suggestions to help improve the download? Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. When Xfinity came out and tested their equipment, did they checked also connection from your NUC to their equipment? If not, can you check speed with other Ethernet cable?

2. Was the download speed once good and now is degraded?

Leon

CEdwa
Beginner

Good day,

They only checked their equipment (Xfi). I have changed the CAT cables. The download speed has increased as they upgrade my internet package but I have yet to receive the download speed offered by Gigabit.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Did they test the performance *at* the inside ethernet connectors? If they didn't, then they haven't proven that there is a 950Mb capability.

Just saying,

...S

CEdwa
Beginner

Do you mean at their modem? Yes, they did. I'm going to borrow an ethernet adaptor for my XPS tomorrow and run a speed test tomorrow.

I appreciate all the reponses.

CEdwa
Beginner

I still received the same speeds with my XPS as I did with the NUC.

CClev1
Beginner

I'm having the exact same issue with my Nuc5i5ryk that has the same Intel Ethernet Connection I218-V . I have spectrum and they took the ethernet cord from my NUC and plugged it into their device and got like 940 and my average was around 300...

Did you find a solution? @jrrpd34