I have a Intel NUC8i7BEH:
- Corsair 16 GB RAM DDR4 2400 (single SLOT)
- Corsair NVMe 480 GB SSD
- Crucial M500 1 TB SSD
- Ultrawide Monitor SAMSUNG C34J791W (59-60-100 Hz, I tried every setting, but the issues are persisting)
- Connection by HDMI 2.0 cable (it works fine between same monitor and my macmini 2014)
- Win 10 Home SL
All drivers (graphic, BIOS, HDMI, Monitor) are installed (with date 10 APR 2019).
I have 2 Problems:
- When I open Netflix (UHD Abbonament) in google Chrome (or Microsoft Edge) all the screen start to flicker, associated to some audio noises. Everything stops when I close the windows of Netflix!
- When I play Diablo III (in full screen or in a small window), the Performance is extremely bad (also on 1080p resolution). It is much worse than my Macmini late 2014 on the same screen. => I tried to make the resolution lower and to change the HZ of the monitor...but Diablo III gets stocking, while I play it.
What is the Problem? Any idea?
thank you for helping.
I changed from HDMI 2.0 cable to a thunderbolt 3 cable: Netflix does not let flash/flicker the display anymore.
So now, I have still this 2 issues:
- HDMI entry problems with netflix...weird? => How can I fix it?
- The Diablo III performance does not get better (You recommended me high settings, but I have already had bad performance with lowest Diablo III settings), even with the thundebrolt 3 cable. I just want to recall I have a 1440p 34 inches display, but as I said, y macmini late 2014 works much better than this NUC!
- I cannot invest more money in another 16 GB RAM to see if there is a miracle...because the performance is extermely and unexpected very bad.
This is the DxDiag File from today (with Thunderbolt 3 cable connection).
Thank you very much for helping.
Have a nice weekend.
I have still the 2 issues:
1) MOnitor Flickering, only when I open UHD Netflix (only by the HDMI 2.0 Samsung cable, with the thundebolt 3 cable , this issue is not there)
2) Bad graphic peformance, playing Diablo III, at lowest graphic setting (full screen or small window)
I attach a foto for the issue 1)
In the next messages, I will attach the txt SSU as well as the 2 Forms filled (1 for each issue).
Thanks in advance.
thank you for trying to help me, but your help is not really functional and effective:
- NEtflix Problem: I have it only by HDMI cable 2.0, which work with every other machine I have. Using the USB-C Port, I don' thave anz problem
- Bad Graphic performance: it is just too bad.
In both cases, yout advices did not really help me.
I will give the NUC back, and I will buy a macmini 2018, which does not give so many problems...
This is horrible...you buy an Intel barebone and nothing really work fine, after paying it a lots of money for what it is.
Have a nice day.