Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12336 Discussions

[Solved] NUC8i5BEH no signal after Windows Update (reboot loop)

Pingusman
Beginner

Hi,

I received today a new NUC (NUC8i5BEH ).

The first boot was fine (Windows 10), I installed everything, done the Windows Update.

Then I rebooted the computer, and nothing work anymore.

I have a "no signal" error on the screen. I'm unable to access the BIOS.

I have tried to remove everything as suggested in other threads, but it doesn't help. I  don't even get an "No boot device available" message or whatever, just no signal, on for 10s, and it reboots (like a power supply failure).

When I start the computer, the blue LED (Power) stay on for a few seconds. I can hear a little sound, so I know it's running. Then I have the HDD led that flash once, and it stops.
It reboots automatically forever.

Any idea?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pingusman
Beginner

Fixed by downloading the BIOS update on a USB key, and booting with the key plugged...
Even without any control, it updated it automatically, and fixed the boot issue.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Try unplugging everything externally connected to it, including power, for 15 minutes.

If this doesn't work, try using the Power Button Menu. Power on holding the power button down for 3 full seconds or until the color of the power LED changes. After releasing the power button, it may have 20-30 seconds for the menu to appear, so be patient.

If this doesn't work, disconnect power, open the unit and unplug the CR2032 battery wire from the board for 15 minutes.

Hope this helps,

...S