Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11290 Discussions

Stereo Mix is gone with Realtek High Definition Audio update

YSher2
Beginner

Hades Canyon here with all recent updates, Win 10.

Just updated to 6.0.8955.1 and Stereo Mix is nowhere to be found.

I tried rolling back but that resulted in loss of sound. I tried the driver from Realtek's website, but that also resulted in loss of sound.

Any solutions?

I'm not looking for any 3rd party recording tools, as I'm not using Stereo Mix to record, but listen to it from a TV through HDMI at the same time as having it play back on my computer. For recording and such, OBS for example - I get desktop sound just fine, but it's no longer available in Sound Control Panel.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jose_V_Intel

Hello YSher2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. 

Based on the information that you provided and in order to better understand your issue please provide the following information: 

•  Are you using HDMI 2.0a?

• Is it a straight connection or are you using any dongle/adapter?

We will be waiting for your answers.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Jose_V_Intel

Hi YSher2,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Chris_V_Intel

Hi @YSher2,

I as well use Hades Canyon and have noticed that Stereo Mix has been missing for a while now-granted, I'm sure I updated it quite some time ago.

Alas, there isn't anything we can do about it. Will it work if you if you use OBS to monitor the sound?

Jose_V_Intel

Hi YSher2,

Want to know if you still need assistance, let us know if you were able to verify the last recommendation.

Regards.

Jose V.

Jose_V_Intel

Hello YSher2,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards.

Jose V.