Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PKRIS10
Beginner

Surround in windows 10 using any browser

NUC8i5BEH

Onkyo TX RZ 800 Receiver

Windows 10 latest build update

When i set the Surround to 5.1 in speaker configuration the sound in any browser become really poor and there is only sound in the front speakers. Tried everything jn windows 10 but nothing seems to work. Could any one guide me to the correct settings. For now i have set the speaker configuration to STEREO. I have only sound in front speakers using Chrome but at least the sound quality is good.

Inn Netflix apps and Speaker configuration it works perfectly.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PKRIS10, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. First, please follow the Surround Sound Setup Guide for Intel® NUC and let us know if the issue persists. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/Configure-Surround-Sound.pdf Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
PKRIS10
Beginner

Thank you for your time

I have followed the guide

This did solve the bad sound quality when setting the windows 10 config to 5.1

But still when i play a surround test in youtube the rear sound speakers play the sound in my front speakers.

But the center and front speakers are working.😅

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PKRIS10, Thank you for your response. It is great to know that you improved the quality sound of your setup. We would like to know a little bit more about your configuration. Please follow these steps and let us know if the issue persists. Home Theater PC Setup Example https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008497/mini-pcs.html If your setup differs from this example, please describe it in detail. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PKRIS10, Were you able to check the support link to configure your setup? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
PKRIS10
Beginner

Yes i have run all the guides. All suround work in Netflix and VLC windows 5.1 test but still when i am listning through web browser i got the rear speakers to play in my front speaker .

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello PKRIS10, Based on the information provided, you have configured 5.1 surround sound correctly on your Intel® NUC. Accessing streaming media via a browser may not allow you to get 5.1 surround sound. This depends on the browser configuration and the streaming media you are using. As you have tested already, you can use apps such as Netflix and VLC to achieve 5.1 surround sound. Workarounds are available online including using Google* Chrome* flags. For more options, we recommend searching the web to find other useful workarounds for this issue. chrome://flags/#try-supported-channel-layouts NOTE: This information is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation