Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RZhan15
Beginner

Switching Sources on AV Receiver and NUC7CJYH

I have a new NUC7CJYH installed with Windows 10 that is having issues with my AV Receiver. Whenever I switch between different sources, the NUC7CJYH will cut-out (no video AND no audio). I have to either physically unplug and re-plug the HDMI cable, or restart the NUC. I have tried reinstalling the latest graphics driver, disabling ARC and CEC on both the TV and the AV Receiver. Please note that I can switch seamlessly between other sources - I can switch between my UHD Blu-ray player and Nvidia Shield TV. I have also swapped sources and different HDMI connections by switching around the HDMI cables between the NUC and other devices. I also updated the NUC BIOS as well. There's no firmware update for the AV Receiver. See below for models/specs:

- AV Receiver: Denon AVR-S530BT

- TV: Vizio P65-F1

- Other devices working with the AV Receiver: UHD Blu-ray player and Nvidia Shield TV

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

As a workaround, try disabling Monitor Sleep in the Windows configuration.

...S

RZhan15
Beginner

I appreciate the reply. I double checked the Windows sleep and power settings and everything is disabled i.e. the NUC shouldn't ever go to sleep or hibernate. In addition, I did look over the Advanced Power Settings and anything that looks to be "sleep" or "automatic disable" I have turned off. I also disabled CEC in the NUC BIOS, but that didn't help either. There was a previous post about primary HDMI selection and I currently have it configured to HDMI 1 (only using HDM1).

To reiterate, for my testing purposes, I am switching back and forth between Blu-ray player; Nvidia Shield TV, and the NUC almost consecutively - the NUC fails to display video/audio every single time. I'm not sleeping overnight or anything, very little time elapses during the source switching.

See below for some screenshots:

n_scott_pearson

Hhmmm, ok, this differs significantly from what I am seeing, but what I am using is a (4K) KVM, not a Receiver. I will hook this NUC to the Receiver in my 4K HTPC test setup and see if what I see is different...

...S

RZhan15
Beginner

Thanks for looking into it. If there's a second case that would mean some sort of wide issue versus just my NUC unit.

On another note, when I installed Windows 10 Home - it did also update itself with the recent April, Spring 2018 update. Not sure if that had any adverse effects.

n_scott_pearson

No, my JY has been upgraded to 1804 and I haven't seen any adverse effects...

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello rogerzhang92,

I would like to do further research about this issue.

I would like to gather system information to troubleshoot your system. Please scan it using the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Wanner G.
RZhan15
Beginner

See below for the detailed scan:

# SSU Scan Information

Scan Info:

Version:"2.5.0.12"

Date:"06/14/2018"

Time:"00:00:27.2064144"

# Scanned Hardware

Computer:

BaseBoard Manufacturer:"Intel Corporation"

BIOS Mode:"UEFI"

BIOS Version/Date:"Intel Corp. JYGLKCPX.86A.0037.2018.0423.1539 , 04/23/2018 12:00 AM"

CD or DVD:"Not Available"

Embedded Controller Version:"2.23"

Platform Role:"Desktop"

Processor:"Intel(R) Pentium(R) Silver J5005 CPU @ 1.50GHz , GenuineIntel"

Secure Boot State:"On"

SMBIOS Version:"3.1"

Sound Card:"Intel(R) Display Audio"

Sound Card:"Realtek High Definition Audio"

System Manufacturer:"Intel Corporation"

System Model:"NUC7PJYH"

System SKU:"Not Available"

System Type:"x64-based PC"

- "Display"

Intel ® Graphics Driver Version:"24.20.100.6025"

- "Intel(R) UHD Graphics 605"

Adapter Compatibility:"Intel Corporation"

Adapter DAC Type:"Internal"

Adapter RAM:"1.00 GB"

Availability:"Running or Full Power"

Bits Per Pixel:"32"

- "Caption":"Intel(R) UHD Graphics 605"

Link:" http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=UHD+Graphics+605"

CoInstallers:"oem20.inf,iGLKD_w10_DS,Internal,Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family"

Color Table Entries:"4294967296"

Dedicated Video Memory:"Not Available"

Driver:"igdkmd64.sys"

Driver Date:"04/24/2018 07:00 PM"

Driver Path:"C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_0707757077710fff\igdkmd64.sys"

Driver Provider:"Intel Corporation"

Driver Version:"24.20.100.6025"

INF:"oem20.inf"

INF Section:"iGLKD_w10_DS"

Install Date:"Not Available"

Installed Drivers:"C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_0707757077710fff\igdumdim64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_0707757077710fff\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_0707757077710fff\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_0707757077710fff\igd12umd64.dll"

Last Error Code:"Not Available"

Last Error Code Description:"Not Available"

Last Reset:"Not Available"

Manufacturer:"Intel Corporation"

Microsoft DirectX* Version:"11.X"

Monochrome:"No"

Number of Colors:"4294967296"

Number of Video Pages:"Not Available"

PNP Device ID:"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3184&SUBSYS_20728086&REV_03\3&11583659&0&10"

Power Management Capabilities:"Not Available"

Power Management Supported:"Not Available"

Refresh Rate - Current:"60 Hz"

Refresh Rate - Maximum:"120 Hz"

Refresh Rate - Minimum:"23 Hz"

Resolution:"3840 X 2160"

Scan Mode:"Noninterlaced"

Service Name:"igfx"

Video Architecture:"VGA"

Video Memory:"Unknown"

Video Processor:"Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family"

- "Memory"

Physical Memory (Available):"5.68 GB"

Physical Memory (Installed):"8 GB"

Physical Memory (Total):"7.68 GB"

- "Channel A Slot 0"

Capacity:"4 GB"

Channel:"SODIMM1"

Configured Clock Speed:"2400 MHz"

Configured Voltage:"1200 millivolts"

Data Width:"64 bits"

Form Factor:"SODIMM"

Interleave Position:"First position"

Manufacturer:"Undefined"

Maximum Voltage:"Not Available"

Memory Type:"Unknown"

Minimum Voltage:"Not Available"

Part Number:"F4-2400C16-4GRS"

Serial Number:"00000000"

Type:"Synchronous"

- "Channel B Slot 0"

Capacity:"4 GB"

Channel:"SODIMM2"

Configured Clock Speed:"2400 MHz"

Configured Voltage:"1200 millivolts"

Data Width:"64 bits"

Form Factor:"SODIMM"

Interleave Position:"Second position"

Manufacturer:"Undefined"

Maximum Voltage:"Not Available"

Memory Type:"Unknown"

Minimum Voltage:"Not Available"

Part Number:"F4-2400C16-4GRS"

Serial Number:"00000000"

Type:"Synchronous"

- "Motherboard"

Availability:"Running or Full Power"

BIOS:"JYGLKCPX.86A.0037.2018.0423.1539, INT...

idata
Community Manager

Hello rogerzhang92,

Thank you for your response.

To get additional information about this issue, please do a clean install of the latest graphics driver available for Intel® UHD Graphics 605.

Follow these steps:

1. Disconnect your unit from the internet.

2.Please uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

-Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

-Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

3.Restart your Intel® NUC. Please go to the device manager and check if Windows installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

4.Once you do, please proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver version. Please find the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27847/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?produc...

5.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again.

Additionally, you can also install the latest BIOS version available for your Intel® NUC.

BIOS Update

Version: 0039 (Latest)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27844/BIOS-Update-JYGLKCPX-86A-?product=126135

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello rogerzhang92,

Were you able to follow the troubleshooting steps provided?

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Wanner G.