Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

TV switches source when PC powered on - but CEC is off - why?

If I accidentally hit a key on the keyboard or move the mouse while the PC is off, it switches the TV source to HDMI2 (the PC's source) and interrupts what I'm doing.

CEC is off in the BIOS so I thought that would stop this happening. Sometimes when I switch the PC off and change source, the TV switches back to HDMI2 too - as though another switch signal is being sent just as the PC goes off.

Any ideas?

All drivers up too date - BIOS is 0073

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

On the image attached to your post, the CEC is not disabled yet, because the settings are not stored yet (red asterisk). In order to store those settings, press F10 confirmed by "Y".

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Aah, thanks for that but it isn't the issue. I selected it and de-selected it when taking the screenshot. The option is off (no asterisk) - I just checked again. If I am watching TV and the PC is off but move the mouse then it still switches on and turns to HDMI.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

In Bios. disable - Advanced > Power > Secondary Power Settings > USB S4/S5 Power

Regards

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

THanks Leon - but won't that remove the ability to wake the PC up with the mouse/keyboard?

I want to be able to do that - I just don't want it to automatically switch over TV input - which is what I thought CEC took care of.

I control my viewing through a Logitech Harmony remote so switching is already taken care of.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

No, it will not affect to wake PC (from S3).

Leon​

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Unfortunately, when disable that can no longer wake the devices with keyboard, mouse or Harmony remote.

I don't understand the link with power and source switching though. Surely they're two separate things and disabling CEC should mean no signal is sent to the TV when the power state of the PC is changed? As soon as I enable the S5/S5 option, I can switch the PC on again - but the channel changes too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

SJW, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

SJW, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I tried to answer this last week Alberto but got a page error. (Invalid identifier: 0D70P000006SAfn)

I still have the isue as detailed. ​

0 Kudos
Highlighted

SJW, No problem, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Based on the information reported on the thread, it seems the problem is most likely related to the TV/monitor that to the Intel® NUC.

What is the specific model of the Intel® NUC?

What is the model of the TV/monitor?

Do you have the option to test the Intel® NUC with a different TV/monitor?

This configuration, was it working fine before?

When did the issue start to happen?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Do you have the option to test the system with a different HDMI cable?

Just to confirm, you mentioned that you control your viewing through a Logitech Harmony remote so the switching issue was already taken care of, what do you mean by that, what is it currently the main problem with the system?

When you said that the channel changes too, you mean that the actual channel changes for example from 4 to 5, or is it the source input that changes like HDMI1 to HDMI2?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

SJW, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

SJW, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos