Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12528 Discussions

The BIOS implement of battery charge limit for Intel NUC X15

right-0903
Beginner

Hello, experts.

I have a LAPKC71F, aka Intel NUC X15. I am wondering if there will a BIOS implement of battery charge limit? Currently, I remove windows from my hard driver, and I just keep linux now. Last time, I set battery charge limit to 65% on windows, but I want to set battery charge limit back under UEFI BIOS configuration or by controling EC under linux. (But I think the EC address is a secret for OEM)

I have no idea how to do it, so can you help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello ight-0903,  

Thanks for your patience. In this case, Intel does not have any option to control the power settings from the BIOS.

However, I will send this recommendation to the team in charge, I cannot promise that this option will be implemented, but this team will have it under consideration.

Thanks for your feedback.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello right-0903,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® NUC X15 Laptop Kit - LAPKC71F.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Just to confirm, do you want to change the power settings from the BIOS instead of the operating system?

2. Were you able to set the power setting from the BIOS with this laptop before? Or were you able to set it with a different unit?

3. Just to confirm, have you presented any performance issues with this laptop?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

right-0903
Beginner

Thnaks for your reply.

In brief,

1. YES. I wan to chang the power setting from the BIOS. Or from linux system(current I can only do it from windows)

2. Never. But I think it is definitely Embedded Controller related(I can change it from NUC studio which is the frontend of uniwill service which communicate with EC), I think it is possible to implement from BIOS.

3. Never.

Thanks

DeividA_Intel

Hello right-0903,  

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

DeividA_Intel

Hello ight-0903,  

Thanks for your patience. In this case, Intel does not have any option to control the power settings from the BIOS.

However, I will send this recommendation to the team in charge, I cannot promise that this option will be implemented, but this team will have it under consideration.

Thanks for your feedback.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.