Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZguy
Novice

The Intel Driver Support Assistant is attempting to install the wrong video driver for the Nuc8i7beh. Looking forward to Driver Support Assistant working properly.

Driver 1a.jpg

driver 1.jpg

Driver 2.jpg

Driver 3.jpg

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AZguy Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Try following these steps to complete the Intel® graphics drivers: 1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
AZguy
Novice

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Fortunately, I know how to install a video driver. Unfortunately, that is not the issue. The issue is twofold:

1. The Intel Driver Support Assistant is NOT WORKING CORRECTLY, it is identifying and attempting to install the wrong video driver.
  2. This is not the first instance of the Intel Driver Support Assistant attempting to install the wrong driver.

How do I know it is the wrong driver?

Intel.com / Support / Downloads and Drivers / Product or Keyword Search / Nuc8i7beh / Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC

Driver 4.jpg

Totally different driver than recommended by the Intel Support Assistant.

Hopefully this issue will be identified and quickly resolved.

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AZguy Thank you for the information. The Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 655 is the graphics controller that comes with the Intel® Core™ i7-8559U Processor (https://ark.intel.com/products/137979/Intel-Core-i7-8559U-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4-50-GHz-), the processor installed on the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7BEH (https://ark.intel.com/products/126140/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7BEH).That is why the Intel® DSA is reporting the available driver update for the graphics controller. About the error reported during the installation, this is because the driver Version: 25.20.100.6444 is part of the Windows DCH graphics drivers that are meant to be used with Windows® 10 1809. In this case, it is recommended to have this Windows® build on the system and if the error persists completing the installation of the driver with the steps provided previously. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
AZguy
Novice

I must not be making myself clear. The problem is with the Intel Driver Support Assistant. This problem has existed for nearly a month now and has not been fixed!

What is the issue? The Support Assistant cannot install a video driver even on a brand new Nuc8i7beh with the latest version of Windows 10 (1809).

This morning, I installed Windows 10 1809 on a brand new Nuc8i7beh I was setting up for a friend. Ran Windows update and installed all updates until every update had been installed. Rebooted the Nuc8i7beh. Opened up Microsoft Edge, typed in Intel.com pressed enter. Clicked on Support, Downloads and Drivers, Automatically Find drivers and Software, Downloaded the Intel Driver Support Assistant and ran it.

Here is what I received on a brand New Nuc8i7beh:

Driver 2.jpg

Driver 3.jpg

Plainly the Intel Driver Update is not working properly. This needs to be fixed.

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AZguy Thank you for the information. I have seen this same error reported during the installation of graphics drivers on other systems without the Intel® Driver and Support Assistance (Intel® DSA), this seems to be a Windows error during the driver installation. However let me look into this behavior. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AZguy In order to continue investigating the behavior that you are facing during the install of the Intel® graphics driver we need confirmation if at the time of completing the installation of the driver with the manual steps provided previously do you face the same error? Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility to have more detail information about the system configuration. Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AZguy I was checking your case and would like to know if you have been able to complete steps provided and the report requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AZguy I was checking your case and would like to know if you can try uninstalling the .6286 from the system and then completing the Intel® DSA scan and install the new driver on the system? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
ACame2
Beginner

I can confirm the issue after doing a fresh install on my NUC8i7BEH (first time, just got it) -- the same issue with the intel DSA. I was able to get around it by downloading the driver manually "GFX_WIN10_64_25.20.100.6444" and updating the driver in Device Manager by pointing to the extracted folder. The driver was detected and once it loaded that way, I was able to run the installer as normal and it is now working correctly and DSA shows correct now too.

kind of a weird issue... I wonder if the MS updater is causing it?