Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

The Intel Driver and Support assistant will not recognize that the Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit has been update.

The Intel Driver and Support assistant will not recognize that the Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit has been update. I have installed the "new" driver twice, rebooting between uninstall/install and each install install of the "new" driver and the Intel Driver and Support assistant continues to notify me that the Driver needs updating.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

What is the model number of your NUC?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi I have exactly the same issue. Model # NUC7i3BNK

I have tried multiple times as above. It appears the driver currently installed is IntcDAud.sys Ver 10.25.0.10 Date 7/18/2018.

The driver recommended to install is Ver 6.0.1.8192 Date 8/9/2017

any ideas?

Thanks

Pete

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have same problem on Intel NUC10i7FNH. Keeps on reappearing but nothing we can do so I've ignored the error.

Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for NUC10i7FN, NUC10i5FN, NUC10i3FN

Description:

Provides Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC10i7FN, NUC10i5FN, NUC10i3FN.

Version:

6.0.8791.1Release date:

11/20/2019Size:

241.93 MB

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel NUC10i7FNH -Skip (K4SKP)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel NUC10i7FNH -Skip (K4SKP)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Skip,

This issue has been reported and will be looked at. Still, providing data to help with the issue debug would be helpful. Please do the following:

1. Uninstall the current version of IDSA that you have installed. To accomplish this, download and run this Uninstaller: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29376/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller.
  2. Reboot the NUC.
  3. Run the latest version of IDSA. Download the installer for this version (20.4.17.5) from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant.

If the problem persists on this latest version, please do the following:

1. Download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-and save the report to a file. Then, using the paperclip icon below the edit window, upload and attach this file to a response post.
  2. Upload the IDSA Uninstaller log file. Using File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log. Then, using the paperclip icon, upload and attach this file to a response post.
  3. Upload all of the IDSA log files. Using File Explorer, go to folder C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA. Copy the entire contents of this folder into a ZIP file. Then, using the paperclip icon, upload and attach this ZIP file to a response post.

Note:

1. You can only upload and attach one file to a response post. You will have to generate three response posts.
  2. You may have to Uncheck Hide System Files before you can to see the AppData folder. for more information, consult this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I do not see a paperclip icon as when I attempt to access the support site I get an error that the support site is not available. Attached is the SSU log file. 73, --Skip (K4SKP)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

The paperclip is directly below the "B" for Bold button.

I am confused by the "...when I attempt to access the support site I get an error that the support site is not available". Where did you see mention of a "support site"? In the SSU tool itself? Forget that. The only thing you do in the SSU tool is run the report and then save it to a file on your hard drive. You then attach the files to response posts, one file per response, using the paperclip icon.

Whatever you did to attach the SSU file didn't work (likely because you were looking in the wrong place for the paperclip).

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Attached is the log file. 73, --Skip (K4SKP)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Not attached. Are you using the paperclip icon to bring up the dialog that support the upload and attach of the report file? Did you use the Upload button to specify the file to be uploaded?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have a similar issue. Model # NUC8i5BE

I have installed the last audio driver, (in "devices and drivers" listed below appears like updated). But still ask me to install the same driver version. The only particular issue is that the review date of the driver recommended to install shows "invalid date".

I have uninstalled the DSA as recomended, several times, but still the same problem.

I appreciate if anybody can help me. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Attached 73, --Skip (K4SKP)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@SMuño4​,

This conversation is regarding @SDobr4​'s issue. Everyone's issue is different. Please open your own conversation for us to discuss your issue.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@SDobr4​,

I have no idea what you are doing, but you are NOT uploading and attaching your report. Let me explain the process again...

1. In the Write an answer... box, type your "Attached" text.
  2. Click on the paperclip icon below the Bold button.
  3. In the Select a File dialog, click on the Upload File button.
  4. In the Open file dialog, browse to and highlight the report file that you want to upload and then click on the Open button.
  5. Click on the Add button.
  6. Now you can add your signature.
  7. Click on the Answer button to post the message.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I saw my issue, I was responding with an attachment to your email. I have added the log file to the Support Ticket in Intel Support just now. Thank you for your assistance. 73, --Skip (K4SKP)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

None of the volunteer helpers can see stuff attached to tickets and cannot help you without. Need to upload into conversation here for this to happen.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Finally got it.

Attached

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Scott, Did you finally get the log file? I did View/Answer and attached the log. 73, --Skip K4SKP
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ok, after all that, I am not seeing any issues within the data anyway...😤

Here is the experiment I would like you to perform:

1. Download and run the Intel Driver and Support Assistant (IDSA) Uninstaller. You can get it from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29376/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Download and run the IDSA installer. You can get the latest from here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html.
  4. Reboot.

If IDSA is still insisting that you reinstall the RealTek Audio driver, create a ZIP file containing all of the files in folder C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA and then upload and attach this ZIP file to a response message (Intel Customer Support will provide this to the IDSA team for analysis).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos