Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

The problem with the CSS game, hangs when you exit the game

Good day to all! I have INTEL NUC Skull Canyon BOXNUC6I7KYK2, all games work well, except CSS. In the KSS on Steam I go without problems, I play without problems, but the game finished the game, when the game is over, the even screen and silence appear, not one key works except Enter, pressing Enter, there is again the entrance to the game of the CSK. And so to infinity, it helps only resets on the panel of the nettop itself. It's also impossible to collapse the game, the same dark screen. The rest of the games in Steams work without any complaints, and they come in and out as usual. What could be the reason? The drivers are the latest. Maybe you should update BIOS? Although what's it got to do with it, just some incompatibility of the software level. Once it turned out without problems, nothing hanging, and was able to turn off the game, but it was only once.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Dmitriy777,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC Community. I am sorry to hear you have having issues with this game.

Could you please let us know your operating system and the Intel® HD Graphics driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Here is the driver version for the graphics card 22.20.16.4815, operating system Windows 10

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

/thread/118800 Dmitriy777, thank you for that information.

Please, let's try to update that version to the following one: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27227/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?pr... Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45]. Use these steps for the installation of the driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Did everything, the situation has not changed. Another point, I did not specify it, is that the game seems to be turned off. Ie, if I press Enter, then I go back to the CSS and can start playing again, but when I press the buttons, I exit the game or when switching between windows, a gray screen and everything, as if everything on the nettop is switched, on the monitor only the picture is not displayed. The ASUS MX279H monitor is connected via an HDMI 2.0 cable length 3 meters.

Once I tricked into the incentive at first the call of duty game, got out of it, and after that I started the Counter Strike Sourse and the meyan turned the game, switch between the windows, go out and go again, everything was fine. I decided to restart the computer, make sure that in some miraculous way it fixed itself, did a restart and everything, again everything started again on the new one, just like dark screen to exit the game Counter Strike Sourse.

I like everything very much in this nettop (this is something I've been looking for for many years, and I switched it from an expensive laptop MSI GT 72 Dominator Pro), but I do not want to constantly reboot it, it's not very good either, through the reset button. What to do then?

My configuration on this nettop: Memory Corsair 16 Gb x2 and disk SSD Samsung 960 Pro 256 Gb

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Is there any chance to re-install the game? Also check the following: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335 Verify Integrity of Game Files - How To's - Knowledge Base - Steam Support

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I did everything, as you described, the problem did not disappear ... And for the sake of interest I put another Counter-Strike GO, and so, too, at any time I can collapse the game, deploy, exit, and run another one in parallel - no problems. I do not even know what else to do ... I'll probably have to turn it off then before I sit down to play Counter-Strike Source, so that I do not have to worry about the reset later.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

/thread/118800 Dmitriy777, just to confirm; did you re-install the game?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

/thread/118800 Dmitriy777,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

The problem has not disappeared, I've already upgraded my nettop, I put 2 Samsung 960 Pro on 1 TB and 512 GB on it. Now I will write in the very support of Steam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy C.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you, all Glory to God the mend. Everything works fine, no problems now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

/thread/118800 Dmitriy777, that is really good to hear! Thank you for letting us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you very much for the help!!!

0 Kudos