Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBili1
Beginner

To whom it might concerns, I have NUC mini pc model DC3217IYE. And the problem is that then I press power button it blinks once and thats all. Some leds inside are active like Ethernet status. But pc is not booting.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Either something has failed in the power supply or something has failed in the NUC's hardware. Compatible power supplies are available from places like Amazon. I suggest you spend the money to get one (or borrow one) and see if this fixes the problem. If it does not, then we will need to look deeper - but we cannot do so until we know that power is clean.

Hope this helps,

...S

MBili1
Beginner

Dear Scott, Thanks for response. I have tested another PSU but it the same. Nuc powers on and off. No cooler starts. Whilr checking usb- it powers and offs. Tried to reset bios with battery of and with jumper. But nothing. Br Martynas
n_scott_pearson

You've tried powering on with jumper moved from pins 1-2 to pins 2-3?

You've disconnected power completely and then disconnected the CR2032 battery for 15 minutes?

You've tried performing BIOS Recovery (i.e. placed file GK0066.BIO into root folder of FAT32-formatted USB flash drive, plugged it into system, removed BIOS jumper and then powered on)?

...S

MBili1
Beginner

.I have tried to start with moved pins. ALso tried to disconnect bios battery and plug again and start. Does bios recovery can be launched in that state? As the pc only starts for a second. Same as usb is powered only for a second. If I understood correctly I need remove bios jumpers and start pc with flash drive with bios? Pagarbiai / Best regards Martynas Bilinkevicius IT engineer UAB NIXOR LT Verkių 42-202, LT-09109 Vilnius Tel: +370 612 85225 www.nixor.lt On 2019-01-09 01:15, Intel Forums wrote:
MBili1
Beginner

I have tried update, but no reaction. PC same turns on and immediately off. Does anyone have suggestion?

n_scott_pearson

Remove/disconnect any drives, USB devices (including keyboard and mouse), etc. that you have connected to the unit (only thing installed should be memory and only thing connected should be monitor).

If still powers back off, disconnect monitor and try again.

If still powers back off, remove SODIMMs and try again.

If still powers back off, throw in trash.

...S

MBili1
Beginner

Dear Scott,

Thanks for help. I was hopping that Intel will answer as the same topic was few years ago, and only comment that Intel contacted directly via PM for the answer. As I see Intel is not supporting that pc anymore. As I understood that I cannot ask them anymore.

n_scott_pearson

Well, a few years ago, when a NUC failed like this, it would have been replaced under warranty (I will presume that that PM was to ask for personal information (address, etc.) to start the RMA process). Now, though, we're out six years from this NUC's release - and double the warranty period - so that path is unavailable. I hate to see units fail like this, even if they are 6 years old, but it does happen...

Sorry,

...S