Intel® NUCs
Assistance in Intel® NUC products
Announcements
All support for Intel® NUC 7 - 13 systems is transitioning to ASUS. Read more.
13508 Discussions

Total Memory Encryption on new NUCs

inuc7i5
Beginner
Hi, does anyone know if the new 12 NUCs support Total Memory Encryption ? Cant find any Information if its supported on all NUCs, only vPro(NUC12WS*) or none Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @inuc7i5

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please allow us to review further this inquiry and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi inuc7i5,

I just got the below update from BIOS engineers, the current status is the following:

• This feature is deployed only in vPro models.
  • Serpent Canyon (NUC12SNK family) doesn't have this feature enabled (there are no Serpent vPro models).
  • Eden Bay (NUC12EDB - compute element inside NUC12DC) vPro SKUs support this feature by default, but there is no toggle in the BIOS that allows the user to turn on/turn off Total Memory Encryption.
  • Wall Street (NUC12WSH) vPro SKUs support this feature, but it is disabled by default. There is no toggle in the BIOS that allows the user to turn on/turn off Total Memory Encryption.

We submitted a request to add BIOS control toggle that will allow users to control this feature in Eden Bay vPro and in Wall Street vPro models.

This request may take a long time if accepted so we cannot make any promises at this point.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello inuc7i5

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello inuc7i5

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,
Andrew G.

0 Kudos