I have a NUC8i5BEB. It is connected to a DENON X2700H AVR that drives a 5.2.2 ATMOS-setup.
I can't figure out how to get the NUC to pass TrueHD and DTS-HD audio to the AVR. Dolby Digital Plus works fine.
If I use a USB-C dock instead of the NUCs HDMI it works fine, TrueHD and GTX-HD is passing through to the AVR (however only in 4K 60 Hz).
Things I have tried:
- Fully updated the NUC, including BIOS. I've tried updating the HDMI firmware, but the software fails. Maybe the HDMI is fully updated with the BIOS update?
- Serveral different players, including KODI and VLC.
- Any different settings I can think of in Windows. Windows does list both TrueHD and DTX-HD as working in sound settings.
- Different resolutions and refresh rates.
- Every solution in other forums I can find.
What more can I try? As mentioned, everything works with a USB-C dock, but that's not long lasting solution. It worked without touching any of the settings with the dock.
Is it the HDMI-port in the NUC? I can find many forums where TrueHD and DTS-HD works on much older NUCs.
Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.
To better assist you I would appreciate if you could provide the following information:
- Can you please confirm the BIOS version? Is it version 0085?
- Was this setup working fine at a certain point or is this the first time that you are testing it?
- What error message do you get while installing the HDMI firmware?
To gather more information about your system I would appreciate if you could run the following tool and attach the reports generated.
Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link
1. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information.
2. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".
Intel Technical Support Technician
- The BIOS version is BECFL357.86A.0085.2020.1007.1917 , 07-10-2020 12:00
- The setup has never worked. I've only just got the AVR.
- This is the error I get when trying to update the HDMI firmware. I can't check current FW version either.
I have attached the scan from Intel SSU.
I have also tried a more simple USB-C to HDMI 2.0 adapter from HP, but that does not work either.
Thank you for your response and information provided.
We will review this report to update this thread as soon as possible
Intel Technical Support Technician
Before we troubleshoot the TrueHD and DTS-HD issue that you are reporting, I would recommend resolving the HDMI FW update error that you are getting.
On your previous screenshot, I see that the FW update tool is not reporting the correct graphics adapter, your system is reading Intel when it should be recognizing: Intel (LS-PCON) can you try refreshing it and see if it picks up the correct one?
Thanks for the video and clarification.
I would recommend that you reach out to your local Intel Customer Support Center via Phone, Chat or WebTicketing and make reference to case 4891312, this unit may need to be replaced.
Here is our contact us information: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@7 make sure that you are selecting your correspondent location.
I hope you are doing fine.
Please remember to follow the instructions previously given to contact us directly and check the warranty options for your unit.
We will proceed to close this inquiry from our side. If you have any additional questions, please remember to contact our support team. You can also post a new thread and we will gladly assist you.
Intel Customer Support Technician