Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Trying to update BIOS from 0052 to 0081 without success. Is there a prerequisite version required?

So far have tried Express BIOS update, F7 BIOS update & power button menu update. Also reviewed Article ID 000024656 for BIOS has detected unsuccessful post attemps(s), restoring factory defaults amd disabling Failsafe watchdog and trying to update BIOS without success. Is there a prerequisite BIOS version needed before upgrading to BN0081.bio?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

What is the model number of your NUC?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

My NUC is NUC7i7BNH sa: J31153-308, mother board NUC7i7BNB mother board version J31145-307. I downloaded BNKBL357.86A.0081.EB.msi. Also, I installed the Intel Driver and Support Assistant-installler.exe to bring my drivers up to date. It downloaded the BIOS for me and has been telling me to update the BIOS ever since. It has installed about 7 driver updates successfully, but hasn't worked for BIOS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello DADAM34,

Do you still need assistance? if so please run the following tool and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

Intel® SSU Download link 

Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 

To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Have you checked the jumper position? is it on position 1-2 or 2-3? Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNH TPS (page 59).

Regards,

Adrian M.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello DADAM34,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Try this: In the bios, turn OFF secure boot.

Then, update the bios.

Then, turn secure boot back ON.

Doc

0 Kudos