Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12546 Discussions

Turn of anti-aliasing

Gunnar72
Beginner

Hi,

I want to turn of anti-aliasing for a specific program.

In the Intel Control Panel it's possible to turn of anti-aliasing for 3D programs.

In my case it's a 2D program and I have tested with the 3D option, but it does not work.

As I understand the anti-aliasing is requested by the program.

Is it possible to turn it off by a change in the EXE-file, if so, how to do it?

Bjorn

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Gunnar72
Beginner

Addition to earlier post: The anti-aliasing option in the Graphic Control Panels is type MSAA, which probably is not used in the tested programs. My guess is that it's SSAA, an older version of anti-aliasing. So how to turn this of for a specific program?  

Bjorn

Gunnar72
Beginner

Hi,

No answer on this question yet. It's just me commenting and it does not help :-).

Could it be possible to temporary turn off  the MSAA anti-aliasing globally before the program I want without anti-aliasing is run?  It's apperently a difficult question, an expert is needed...

Bjorn

Steven_Intel

Hello Gunnar72,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel graphics. I'll be glad to help you.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Are you using an Intel NUC? If so, what is the model of it?
  • What is the program you would like to turn off anti-aliasing for?

As well, make sure you have the latest Intel graphics drivers installed.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Gunnar72
Beginner

Hi,

Actually it's 2 computers:

- NUC8i7HVK

- ASUS VivoMini PC UN68U

NUC uses AMD graphics, so I have also posted a message in the AMD community.

ASUS has Intel Graphics and in the panel under 3D settings it's possible to turn of MSAA, but not SSAA.

Probably SSAA is used in the programs I want to shut it of.

I have problems with image detection in a Macro program, as the anti-aliasing make the images looks different compared with defined pictures. Shutting of anti-aliasing will probably solve this problem.

Bjorn    

Gunnar72
Beginner

Hi,

I have found a solution to the problem bu googling. Anti-aliasing can be turned of in Windows:

First :
https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-font-smoothing-in-windows-11.8476/

Second:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=BaU2ZmEeAgI

There are more links asking Google :
"How to disable font smoothing in Windows 11"
"How to disable ClearType in Windows 11"

If all anti-alaising can be turned of is unclear.

Bjorn

Gunnar72
Beginner

Hi,

Some anti-aliasing could be turned off with this suggestion and also turn of Clear Type Font. But it was not the final fix. There are still some anti-aliasing active (5 possible). How to turn of all anti-aliasing  is still outstanding...

It seems to be a Windows question, maybe I shall post a question in the Windows community if no one here knows how to do it? 

Bjorn

Gunnar72
Beginner

Funny meeting, where I answer my own questions :-). Not so much experts here!

Still one questions about anti-aliasing outstanding...

Bjorn

Steven_Intel

Hello Gunnar72,

Many thanks for all the information given.

Please be aware that the support for communities is closed during weekends. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Based on all the information provided, I am going to do further research about this and I will get back to you as soon as I have an update.

I appreciate your patience on this matter.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Steven_Intel

Hello Gunnar72,

Could you please provide the name of the application? 

Usually, applications have settings where you can enable/disable Anti-Aliasing. Can you confirm if this applies for the application you are using?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Gunnar72
Beginner

Hi,

The Applications are different Bridge Applications and they have no option for shutting of aliasing, because that usually there is no need for it. It's when they are combined with a Macro Recorder with an Image Detection function the problems arise. The graphics in the  bridge applications are not consistent  due the anti-aliasing and the image detection does not work so well. The only solution seems to shut of the anti-aliasing totally which have to be done in Windows or in the Graphic Software.

Bjorn

Steven_Intel

Many thanks for the information provided.

Based on it, I will do further research and get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Steven_Intel

Hello Gunnar72,

After researching about this, we recommend the following:

You may also contact Microsoft Support or the apps developers for further assistance with these settings.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Gunnar72
Beginner

Hi,

Apps developer will or can not do anything, else I was not on this board.

MicroSoft send me to Intel

No Answr on AMD board (not your problem!).

Thank's for your efforts!. A last question, you refer to the Intel Graphic Panel for make change in the, but how can I access the apps?

Is it not apps that Intel has approved (Games). When I try to get the apps I get an error mess 404!

Regards

Bjorn