Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12527 Discussions

Two Monitors and one is pixelated and fuzzy

McDx
Beginner

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum, thank you for having me.  I have a NUC11PAHi5 currently running two Asus PB278 monitors at 2560 x 1440. My issue is monitor 1 is clean looking and smooth. Monitor 2 is pixelated and fuzzy. I swapped the cables maybe it was bad display. Then monitor 1 was pixelated. I bought new cables, same issue.

Monitor 1 is Mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort supports up to 4k at 60Hz

Monitor 2 is USBC to DisplayPort - I tried using HDMI to HDMI on this monitor same issue.

Bios is latest version and graphics drivers are up to date. I'm at a complete loss as why this is happening. Any thoughts? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello McDx,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did the issue start?
  • Was there a hardware or software update before the issue started?
  • Have you tried using another set of monitors?
  • Does the issue persist when you configure the monitors differently?
  • You mentioned that you are not using straight connections; could you try to connect the monitors using straight cables? 
  • Create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Jean_Intel

Hello McDx,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

McDx
Beginner

Thank you for getting back to me Jean

I was able to somewhat figure the issue out. The fist monitor is an Asus PB278 and the second monitor is a PB278QV. I just so happen to have an extra PB278 at work so I brought it home and now the two PB278's are working perfectly connected to the intel NUC.

As for the PB278QV. I plugged it in at work and even though its a 1440p display, the highest option i see is 1920x1080. I posted a screenshot.  It just refuses to go higher than 1080p on any computer with any cable. 

I came to the conclusion that this PB278QV is broken.

Thank you again for the help.

Jean_Intel

Hello McDx,

I am glad to know you found a solution to your issue and concluded that the PB278QV monitor is the root of the problem. I will keep this case open just in case you face your issue again using this set of monitors.

Let me know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel

Hello McDx,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.