Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

USB 2.0 (Molex ) Connectors

I am attempting to get one of the USB 2.0 connections to work for me, but, in another post, I noticed that one was reserved for a wireless module. Can anyone indicate whether that would be connector F or G in Figure 12? Also, the pin out in the document (Table 16 & Figure 14) does not match up to the diagram (Figure 12) in pin 1 orientation. I find ground, instead of +5v, at the pin 1 that is indicated by Figure 12.

Also, does this interface support booting up on a flash drive?

Thank you,

Lane

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello DragonEye

Thank you for joining the community.

Could you provide me with the document that you are referring to?

What is the model of your system?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Yea, it's difficult to discuss this without more information on NUC model, etc. What I can tell you is that, in most NUC models, booting from flash disks connected via the internal USB 2.0 ports *is* supported, but it needs to be understood that the internal USB 2.0 ports are implemented on top of the PCH's USB 3.0 hub, so the software being booted still has to have USB 3.0 support in order to access these ports. They cannot, for example, be used to avoid the keyboard lockups that will occur if you attempt to boot Windows 7 installation media that hasn't been modified to support USB 3.0.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos